Help with identifying this chair

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KittyAlamar, Jun 22, 2022.

1. KittyAlamar

KittyAlamar New Member

9A3C49DF-474B-4CFC-BCEB-79BE5E191C84.jpeg 089FF534-98A8-4045-A7B6-24327340AFD1.jpeg 53E23977-A59C-4853-8125-4D19F5956EE0.jpeg 2DF4DB1E-8A05-49CD-B0C3-FECED59126C7.jpeg 768D2EF6-909D-4F66-AD31-A2F47F97710A.jpeg Can anyone help me identify?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2022
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Can try search for Brandt, not sure if it is this brand, but if not, it is similar for sure.

Are you sure there are no markings on the bottom? Brandt brand is often marked.

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. antidiem

sabre123 and kyratango like this.
  4. KittyAlamar

KittyAlamar New Member

Hi, thank you for your response. I do see the similarities for sure. I’ve checked the chair everywhere for markings and cannot find any. I was hoping to sell it but that also feels like a mystery! Do you have any guidance?

antidiem likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It looks Faux Colonial ,from the 50s most likely. Im sure its solid as a rock,but Im not sure of the market for it. Here in N. Fl youd be lucky to get $100.More like $50.

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

7. KittyAlamar

KittyAlamar New Member

Thanks so much everyone! Are there any links to a faux colonial chair like this one that you can provide for comparison?

8. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

9. antidiem

@KittyAlamar , the value of this chair depends upon your location, but it isn't high because large brown wood furniture isn't a popular style nowadays. IF I wanted to sell this chair, i would use Craigslist to advertise it. However, not knowing if you have a safe place to have someone come for the pickup, I'm not sure this would be a good choice for you. FB marketplace with a personal pickup may be another option you can run an ad at the same time.
    I gave away a similar stickley brandt chair with exactly the arms and body and nearly the exact back as the one shown on the link, because I didn't want to bother with trying to sell it at the time. I live in the deep south, so I doubt I could have gotten anywhere near $50 for mine. I also agree with the 1950s date.
    Best wishes to rehome it :)

bercrystal and KittyAlamar like this.
  10. KittyAlamar

KittyAlamar New Member

Wow thank you all so much!!! You’ve really helped! I’m in Los Angeles so hopefully someone likes it! I’ll try Craigslist for now and keep you all updated if you’d like. Thanks again

bercrystal and antidiem like this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This should do better in LA than it would here in the Midwest or South. Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted