Help with Identifying this needlework please

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by katrinaC, Jun 27, 2021.

1. katrinaC

katrinaC New Member

Hi I found this framed piece the other day in a shop. - it is about 500 mm x 600 mm. the backing fabric looks to be a heavy black twill, and has perished in places. The stiches are tiny and thread looks like a shiny cotton or maybe silk. I was wondering how old it might be?
    thanks.

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Sorry I can't help you on age or origin. IMHO, I would not classify the stitching as "tiny", nor particularly fine. Your piece seems to be made up almost entirely of basic satin stitches. Nevertheless, it's a very pretty overall effect. :)

judy, Debora and komokwa like this.
  4. katrinaC

katrinaC New Member

Hi lol Im just wondering why you commented if you know nothing about its age or origin? And the stitches are tiny , there is an amazing amount of work that has gone into it

judy likes this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I commented because I had information about the quality of your item, though I had nothing to offer on age or origin. I have a good amount of contemporary needlework experience.
    Take it or leave it. :rolleyes:

judy and komokwa like this.
  6. katrinaC

katrinaC New Member

Well your information (opinion) on something which is obviously not "contemporary needlework'' is a moot point.

Draft saved Draft deleted