Help with J & L co ltd glassware England

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Becky Dahl, May 30, 2022.

1. Becky Dahl

Becky Dahl Member

I picked up this set of 6 glasses because I'm a Jane Austen fan and I couldn't resist the little Georgian era painted scenes. I found a set online which were definitely made by the same producer. They are exactly the same except they have portraits of The Beatles on them. They were made in 1964. I assume these were made in the 60s too. The producer was J & L co ltd in England. Does anyone know anything about this company? Many thanks!

Listing for The Beatles glasses: https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mu...tles-drinking-glasses-uk-1964-/a/7149-89196.s

My glasses:
    20220530_143441.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Transfer, rather than painted. Transfers were sold to many different companies, too. Do yours actually say J L and Co?

judy and Becky Dahl like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  4. Becky Dahl

Becky Dahl Member

judy likes this.
  5. Becky Dahl

Becky Dahl Member

Mine aren't marked at all but I don't believe their other glasses are marked either

judy likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

They may not have been made by Joseph Lang. Souvenir and other promo glasses were bought as blanks, transfers added.

7. Becky Dahl

Becky Dahl Member

I think you might be right because I can't find any of these under that name. Can't find any online at all in fact

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted