Help with Jules Teissonniere Limoges figure..

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Giuseppe65, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

Dear friends, I would like your help with this Jules Teissonniere bisque porcelain figure. I know that Teissonnier was inspired by great sculptors for his figures, but I can't find this one. Someone can read the name printed behind the picture. Thanks again for any help and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year with fewer problems than the past one. 1.jpg 11.jpg

Any Jewelry and CheersDears like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Made a couple of changes to your photo to see if the information would be easier to read.

11.jpg

i need help likes this.
  3. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

Thanks Kiko

4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Do you have a magnifying app on your phone? They are free and could provide more detail. Also taking it straight on or other slight angles might help. I can't help you with your primary question, but the better your photos, the more apt you will be to get a response.

i need help likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I’m very handicapped STILL without my own computer...but did some iPad cropping and enhancing.....along that bottom ‘strip’.....faintly looks like it says ‘FRANCE’ along the bottom curve in that oval, with other writing, but it’s too faint for me to bring up with what I have for programs on the iPad.....the name above MAY also be only slightly better enhanced, not sure....Kiko brought it up pretty well for what’s showing....

406B5B07-9F0A-46BE-9A9F-A48C83B68886.jpeg

7. Eric Haefli

Eric Haefli Active Member

Is the bust made of porcelain or parian ware or something else? In the photos, it looks like parian ware.

i need help and Giuseppe65 like this.
  8. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

It is parian ware.

9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Giuseppe65 and i need help like this.
  10. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member

Does anyone know who "Raimka" is?

11. Giuseppe65

Giuseppe65 Active Member