Featured Help with Make. Maybe Japanese?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mayra Acosta, May 21, 2024.

1. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Found this adorable figurine I cannot seem to find the maker. It seems like a Japanese mark but I could be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    IMG_3577.jpeg IMG_3582.jpeg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The top part looks Japanese for sure, but the hand decorated mark is in German. Made for export to Germany???

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Mayra-You might lighten up the picture of the base so folks here with less keen eyes can see it.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

A little late, but...........

IMG_3582-gigapixel-2x.jpg

6. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Bless you Aquitaine ! And for all you who could read that orig pic-congratulations.

Aquitaine, Mayra Acosta and Marote like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. "Rising sun" Nippon. This mark could be related to Noritake. Mark probably in use during 'Early Showa' where Showa was 1926-1988 and 'Early Showa' is often used to cover the Showa reign before 1945. Similar printed marks occur on dated screen printed porcelains as late as 1958. The 2 characters below the "rising sun" are read together as "Nippon"=Japan.

[​IMG]

8. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Thank you!! Will definitely lighten the pics next time :dead:

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted