Help With Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by iflog, Apr 8, 2019.

1. iflog

iflog New Member

1.jpg 2.jpg Can anyone help me with this? I was told it may be worth a bit if I can figure out who made it. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Ceramic Art Company-Lenox, from a quick search. Rugby players. I have no clue if it's authentic or worth anything.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. sabre123

I see you're a new member. Welcome. Please edit your post and select "show full size images" so people don't have to click/tap the thumbnails to see larger images. Thanks

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. iflog

iflog New Member

Thank you. I am cleaning out a old house. Had a person from a auction company go through with me and when he saw this he said it may be valuable.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Might be missing a lid.

Christmasjoy and sabre123 like this.
  6. sabre123

7. sabre123

I've seen with and without and don't know if the 'withouts' originally had them or not.

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  8. iflog

iflog New Member

Thank you for all the replies. I appreciate you looking at this and giving me some news. Looking it over closely I can tell it never had a lid. What is my best avenue to sell it and what should I be asking for it?

judy likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I used to see these offered for sale for 25 dollars. I never saw any of them sold at that price. That being said I have no idea what they bring now. When I saw them it was the late 1990s and early 2000s. Early Lenox never had the appeal of like Roseville or Rookwood.
    greg

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  10. sabre123

You won't find too many on here providing values for items. More of a knowledge-base group of people.

I don't know how collectible this type of item is. Sans lid, it's a mug, not a stein. Others may chime in and offer some ideas.

Houseful, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome iflog - I would have the auctioneer you spoke with run it through his auction with your other items.
    Don

12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Iflog, you also might want to read up on AMERICAN BELLEEK. (I collected it for some years but have not purchased any lately.)

Just as an intro:
    http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/belleek.htm

Values are way down over what they once were, but it's still prized by many.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. iflog

iflog New Member

I went on eBay and found 2 similar Lenox CAC porcelain mugs with different sports characters. One was the rugby scene selling for $595 and the other was the golfer selling for $895. They look exactly like the mug I have. Am I getting my hopes up? 3.jpg 4.jpg

judy likes this.
  14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Follow the auction and see the SOLD price.

Christmasjoy and Shwikman like this.
  15. iflog

iflog New Member

I understand they never get what they ask but am I to assume the mug I have is in that ballpark price wise?

judy likes this.
  16. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

Not my area of expertise but I am very familiar with eBay. Generally it’s not good for determining value unless you can find multiple examples that have sold.
    You can toggle the option for “sold/completed” listings in your search.

judy and i need help like this.
  17. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Considering the lot of 4 items from Christies, with the signed pitcher probably being the most desirable went for $960; I think what they are asking is way too high.
    Lot 331
    THREE CERAMIC ART COMPANY WARES AND A COPPER-MOUNTED TRANSITIONAL CERAMIC ART COMPANY/LENOX STEIN Special Notice:
    This lot is offered without reserve. ">

This lot is offered without reserve.">
    1892-1906, BLUE AND GREEN CAC MONOGRAM AND WREATH MARKS, THE MOUNT STAMPED DY246, THE PITCHER SIGNED W.(ILLIAM) H. CLAYTON

Price realised
    USD 960

If I had it in my shop in rural CA, I would probably mark it around $145 and hope for $125, but it won't sell tomorrow. San Francisco or upscale LA area may get higher.
    It will all depend on how and where you are, and how you intend to sell it.

Is the auctioneer you hired an online auction or a local auction. If local are you in a metropolitan area or rural? All of these play into what you can realize.

18. iflog

iflog New Member

I understand it is probably not worth what they are asking on eBay. I personally don't sell anything on eBay and wouldn't even know how. How should I go about selling this?

Draft saved Draft deleted