Featured Help with Pottery Bowl Japanese?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, May 23, 2024.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi all, Need some help with this bowl. Signed on the bottom, Japanese maybe? This is 8" across the top x 3 1/2"H. The crazing inside doesn't look intentional, the outside does. Lots of pin pricks or burst glaze bubbles on the outside. Old, new, a Japanese bowl or from somewhere else? I've had this for years, I looked but couldn't find if I had asked about this already.
    any information appreciated
    thanks for looking:)

DSCF1571.jpeg DSCF1570.jpeg DSCF1581.jpeg DSCF1572.jpeg DSCF1573.jpeg DSCF1574.jpeg DSCF1575.jpeg

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's Japanese. It's an iris flower design. I'm thinking 1980s on up to turn of this century. Did you do a squint through gotheborg?

pearlsnblume, cxgirl and Bakersgma like this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks Wendy:) Sorry, I should have include that bit of info - I had a look on Gotheborg but didn't see it - mind you I'm not sure what I'm seeing when looking at the mark

kentworld and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe @Ce BCA has an idea?:)

I think it is lovely, btw, and agree that it is Japanese.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Me neither. But it remains the best site that I know of for Chinese and Japanese marks.

Draft saved Draft deleted