Featured Help! Worth of 1950's Danish Iverson Secretary

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by LanieV, Jul 7, 2022.

1. LanieV

LanieV New Member

Can anyone let me know what this Arne Wahl Iverson for Vinde Møbelfabrik secretary model 81 might be worth? I have refinished it properly and carefully, as close to it's original glory as possible. The only pics I have are from when I bought it. Paid $40. IMG_2647.jpeg IMG_2648.jpeg
    [​IMG]

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I found these using the spelling Iversen rather than Iverson. Value is hard to determine as it depends on so many things such as the venue you have available to sell in, your location etc.

Anyway, here are two that are similar to yours (don't give model number) that sold within the last year at auction houses. Both sold for $500. I assume there was a seller's premium so probably didn't realize the full price for the seller.

Sold December, 2021 for $500
    upload_2022-7-8_8-41-47.png
    https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/117624568_arne-wahl-iversen-teak-secretary-desk

Sold Aug. 2021 for $500
    upload_2022-7-8_8-42-36.png
    https://www.liveauctioneers.com/ite...odern-arne-wahl-iverson-for-vinde-mobelfabrik

LanieV, Debora and judy like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Nice clean, straight lines! From what @say_it_slowly found, looks like you did VERY well!!!

judy and LanieV like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

For that money it was a no-brainer.

Aquitaine and LanieV like this.
  6. LanieV

LanieV New Member

say_it_slowly. Thank you so much!!! I 100% spelled his name wrong, just went from memory rather than actually double checking. My bad ;)

say_it_slowly likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Even though I found it using the "en" spelling, you'll note that one auction used the "on" also.:)

LanieV likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted