Help

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Erik hernandez, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Erik hernandez

Erik hernandez New Member

I have some dining furniture that I know nothing about. The chairs have a tag with Georgia pacific and Williams on it. Table has nothing except the boards that slide to put the leaf in has a Jefferson stamp.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Erik, you'll need to post photographs. I'm not a "furniture person" so can't give you specifics of what's required but someone who is will be along shortly, I'm sure, to do so.

Debora

James Conrad likes this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

5. Erik hernandez

6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Georgia pacific is a plywood maker so probably just the seat blank. Looks like a 70s Spanish revival chair.

clutteredcloset49 and komokwa like this.
  8. Erik hernandez

Could you help me? I’m so lost to this. My ill aunt gave it to me and I don’t know what to do.

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Do what ? Sell it ? Keep it ? That style hasnt seen a resurgence yet (with good reason! ) so Im not sure if it would bring anything. My Cuban relatives in Miami still have houses full of this stuff. it was huge in the 60s and 70s , god knows why, and id imagine theres still a ton of it out there. Im sorry about your aunt,I hope she feels better .

Bakersgma likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Erik, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS! I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt. Here's your chair slightly enlarged for better viewing.....

X366CE58A4-AAA5-4C92-93EF-E73B84396D8B-edit.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  11. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Hi Erik, we are seeing these lacquer or chalk painted and selling modestly here in Georgia.

James Conrad likes this.
  12. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This is the table. (Taken from signature)
    [​IMG]
    Table might be a bit older than the chairs but don't think it matters much. Here in the Midwest, we are purchasing complete dining sets for virtually nothing at auction and selling at retail for under $200.00. Would do much better if well painted. You may also do better in your location, depending where you are. However, outside the Southwest and CA, there is not much call for this furniture.

komokwa likes this.
  13. Mara Pierce

Mara Pierce New Member

I was left this entire dining set from my grandmother. I found this post while searching how much I should post it for sale. I have the same chairs as above (8) same table and this large China cabinet. Any help in how much I should sell it for would be great! Don’t mind the dust and alllllll the stuff- we are just cleaning out her very full home.

14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted