Featured Henry Jennings and Son buffet

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by normand Hebert, May 20, 2024.

1. Screenshot_20240520_073716_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20240520_074432_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20240520_074420_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20240520_074438_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20240520_074808_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20240520_073716_Photos.jpg I recently purchased a beautiful large Buffet. see image, 72 in Long by 26 in deep by 36 in high plus a 10-in decorative back piece. mahogany and exquisite literally looks brand new. the label on the back could not be read except with black light and it read Henry Jennings and son Portland Oregon. my research tells me the company was formed in the late 1800s and I am trying to date and value this piece. it has Edwardian dovetail on the drawers and what makes it unique is that it has two tall narrow wine drawers which hold four bottles of wine each. in all the years I have been antiquing I have never seen a buffet like this and I'm looking for any help to date it and value it. I have been all over the internet and have found information about the Jennings furniture and subsequent Henry Jennings and son company but cannot find anything about how to date this particular piece. it would help to know when specifically the company name changed to Henry Jennings and son. I know it occurred after Henry bought out, I believe his brother? any assistance would be most appreciated

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    Marote, lovewrens and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

stunning item.....

could u edit the post and click on FULL IMAGE so we could see them clearly ..

4. thanks for the education did not know you could do that. by the way it would only let me make one of them a full image and I'm having trouble posting. I posted five photos and it double posted one of them and left another one out so there must be a glitch

5. komokwa

it seems to have worked just fine..

6. komokwa

an interesting item to have in ones bedchamber...

7. well I live in a small home and it was the only space I had. I fell in love with it and thought what the heck. I don't really need a dresser.. and who doesn't eat in bed once in awhile? I can do a whole Buffet right in my bedroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted