Herbertz Black Widow 229013; Worthpoint Help, Please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by wlwhittier, Mar 22, 2024.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

bercrystal likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

$26.00 (2013)

kyratango, komokwa, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  3. wlwhittier

Thank you sincerely, Kronos; you're a gentleman an' a scholar!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

other than u like it...... u no I have to ask, what's so special about this model..?

5. wlwhittier

Many small details, Komo...they add up to a surprisingly inexpensive delight in the hand; plenty sharp, if a bit too long for EDC.
    As a kid in SoCal, the Black Widow spider was mother's greatest fear for her 2 boys. We paid little attention, of course...an' I recall only 2 encounters with the dreaded arachnid, neither of which involved contact at all, let alone bites.
    My brother an' I were far more interested in trap-door spiders, which were abundantly numerous an', as far as we knew, non-threatening. So the name of this blade is resonant of a long-ago bogeyman.
    When I post the pics, I'll detail a few of the attractive features it possesses...for me, anyway.

komokwa likes this.
  6. komokwa

can't argue that !!:happy:

7. wlwhittier

5" long closed, 3 1/2" blade, 5.3 oz. It is open-framed, liner-locked, an' rigged for one-handed opening (for a right-hander). There is no spring, but a subtle hidden detent keeps the blade in place when stowed.The blade is wedge (flat) ground on both sides, an' the edge is sharp, without evidence of any dressing since the factory. When folded, the blade is dead-centered between the liners.There is nothing sharp or otherwise offensive to the hand about this knife; every part has been well processed to be smooth in every way, save the thumb-knob, which has good tactile machining. The scales may be stainless, treated as the blade an' liners are with a black electro-finish, or simply anodized aluminum. The pattern micro-machined into their surface is as attractive as it is functional. The blade swings between two white (nylon?) spacers/bearings; it'll require nary drop of oil, ever. Lastly, the liner-lock thumb-rest is sculpted an' embossed to allow comfort as well as secure function.
    It is very lightly used, as far as I can see...but there's no evidence of harsh or abusive activity.
    The sweetest thing about it for me was the modest cost: $5.00! Thanks for lookin'!

P1400736.jpeg P1400737.jpeg P1400738.jpeg P1400739.jpeg P1400734.jpeg P1400735.jpeg P1400740.jpeg P1400741.jpeg P1400742.jpeg P1400743.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

yup, fit and finish are exacting....!

for a fin....I'd buy a dozen !!
    nice find...

u should add the above post to my Blade thread !!!;)...:happy::happy:

9. wlwhittier

Be happy to...if I had a clue about how to accomplish that, Komo. Could a Mod be persuaded to intervene in that regard?

10. komokwa

........ u could copy and paste what you posted and then a pic or two...yourself...
    easy peesy

if ya want..I'll do it 4 ya..

wlwhittier likes this.
  11. komokwa

12. wlwhittier

Yah...that way it'll be done right! Thanks, Komo...

komokwa likes this.
  13. komokwa

Done & done !!!!!

wlwhittier likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted