Heywood Brothers Wakefield Company Chairs and Table Age and Value

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Nikki KS, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Nikki KS

Nikki KS New Member

Can anyone tell me the approximate age and value of these chairs and this table? The label is from one of the chairs. Not all chairs have labels.
    12.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

From sometime the first 20 years of the 20th century. Value will depend on location and selling venue. Here in Semi-Podunkville Midwest, I could pick something like this up at auction for under $200.00. Retail under $400.00. Other places might bring more (or less). Surprised to see this is Heywood Wakefield, as it is not the type of furniture they are known for. Some will pay a premium for H-W furniture but doubtful in this style.

Christmasjoy and AuDragon like this.
  4. Nikki KS

Nikki KS New Member

5. Nikki KS

Nikki KS New Member

Thanks for all the info!

judy likes this.
  6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I've seen those chairs in person though - they are comfortable and very beautiful, in my opinion.

7. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Is the base broken or does it just come apart like that? If its broken, you'll want to fix it before selling, but should be an easy fix with glue and clamps, maybe some screws. Also, do you have any leaves, since the table looks too small to fit all 6 chairs around unless you have leaves to extend it with. The more functional it looks, with chairs set up around the full length working table, the easier it will be to sell.

Draft saved Draft deleted