Hi All hoping someone can identify this artists signature?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kevin Misch, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Kevin Misch

Kevin Misch New Member

DSC04289.JPG DSC04281.JPG Hi All every now and then I get my hands in an old painting and I cannot for the life of me make out the signature Hope you guys are smarter than me lol. Thanks in advance for any help or shedding of light in the matter.

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Looks to me like, P. Orešković

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Kevin....I play with Photoshop and will digitally manipulate, invert colors, contrasting, etc, anything that will help to try to bring out difficult signatures.....sometimes helpful, lots of times not!!! But it's usually worth a try!!
    I cropped around the signature, lightened a bit then contrasted & inverted, then tried hue & saturation changes....First, it doesn't look English to me, so @sabre may be on the right track, but I still can't read it....definitely looks like an accent over an 'e' at the end. Where I put a red arrow near the end in the first image, there is some BARELY visible writing that looks like it starts with an E and ends with 'ds' I think....not great help there, maybe you can see it better in person. It's NOT really very visible in the color shift in the second image, but I thought the overall signature was a little clearer in the White. Be patient.....others will check in eventually who are good at identifying signatures!!!

DSC04289-1.jpg

DSC04289-2.jpg

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Sorry @sabre123, I missed getting your whole name link for the credit!! Just spotted that today.....;)

sabre123 likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I see P. Orešković too. Croatian name so perhaps scene is too.

Debora

sabre123 likes this.
  6. Kevin Misch

Kevin Misch New Member

Hmmmm yes it does now that you mention it. I Googld the name and could not find a painter by that name. Let me try some variations. Thanks for replying Sabre.

sabre123 likes this.
  7. Kevin Misch

Kevin Misch New Member

This is helpful and yes I can definitely see the signature much clearer doing that Photoshop method. Thank you for taking the time to do that Aquitane... :) Let me google some more.... this helps... Kev

komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  8. Kevin Misch

Kevin Misch New Member

Hello Debra and all.... Croatia Well there you go!! My nephews wifes grandparents were from Croatia and I am looking into the back history of this painting for them. They are my inlaws. So this has to be an artist in Croatia then. Makes total sense. The parents of my nephew/Neice said they recall their parents (deceased) saying that they hired a local artist to paint a photograph they took way back likely in the 1930's. They paid the artist to paint this One Off Painting. Let me start Googling artists of Croatia. Thanks so you guys... all your input has certainly helped and keep any information coming... I really appreciate it. Kev

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  9. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Thanks, and no worries, Aqui :)

Kevin Misch, komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  10. Kevin Misch

Kevin Misch New Member

I messaged two people On Facebook in Croatia with the same last name that I think are in art.... hopefully they find me in their spam folder.

Figtree3 and Debora like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Kevin Misch . Come back to update this thread if you do get more information.

12. Kevin Misch

Kevin Misch New Member

For sure i will do that. I sent a message to what I think is a family member through facebook but she has not spotted or replied to that message yet.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted