Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lighthouse lover, May 26, 2020.

1. Lighthouse lover

Lighthouse lover New Member

I am in my mid-40s, and I'm going through some of the items that came to me from my grandmother. I am seeking information about a child's rocking chair that my mom said came from her. Not sure if she used it as a child, how old it is, where it came from... and I'd like to know more about it.

My only clue is a label, but it's half gone... does this mean anything to anyone?
    My grandmother was born in Canastota, NY and lived in Cazenovia, NY for most of her life.

Thank you for any help you can provide! IMG_4369.jpg IMG_4366.jpg

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

3. Lighthouse lover

Lighthouse lover New Member

Thank you, Houseful!

Christmasjoy and Houseful like this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The furniture people will be along, but because you have posted in introductions instead of furniture with no furniture title heading it might take a bit longer. I will tag @verybrad

Christmasjoy and sabre123 like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

50s or later colonial style. Don't recognize label but maker doesn't usually matter.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi LL and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!! I went to Cazenovia College, back in the day before it went co-ed!!! It was beautiful up there!! Nice solid child size rocker, in decent shape too!!!:happy::happy:

7. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Here is what I can make out (guess at) for what is on the remains of the label(s) --

(?) and Wakefield (?) Company

York NY U.S.A.

I doubt if it helps you but . . . . good luck.;)

I love children's chairs and especially a child's rocking chair.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm with Brad.

9. Barbara W. Preston

Barbara W. Preston Active Member

Looks like one that we bought used in 1962 for rocking a new baby. It rocked a lot, but it did not hold up. The arms soon came loose and then the back. I did not have time to fix things back then so it went in a garage sale. Barbara.

Draft saved Draft deleted