Hi Trying to find my way around here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gregsglass, May 28, 2014.

1. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi, trying to find my way around here.

FunkeysFinds likes this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Hi Greg
    On the brown bar at the top under "Antiquers" is "Forums", if you bookmark "Forums" on your PC then you can see the different sections when you log on and to the left is a list of the "Recent Topics"

3. gregsglass

Hi Davey,
    Thanks for the replies I still am a little confused but I shall learn. lol
    greg

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Davey - maybe we should have created one thread where the Exiles could vent. Is it too late for that? Can we create a thread and move all our whiney posts and welcome posts into one place?

6. daveydempsey

Pretty much so, LOL
    Anyone can create a thread within a subsection, anything goes at the moment (within the rules) until we settle down :angelic:

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

WELCOME GREG!!! GLAD YOU CAME!!!

8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Davey, I am not on a pc, the "Recent Topics" shows up for me on the right but I cannot see the older topics.

There are actually a LOT of AB members here, but I don't know where to find a full listing of members here, nor do I know where to find a full listing of the threads already posted here.

Is it not possible to view these 2 listings here?

9. daveydempsey

Try clicking "New Posts" and the scroll down them and turn the page for all threads, they have posts within them.

I don`t know where or if there is a full list
    of members apart from the two sheets of paper I have in my office with names on :rolleyes:

10. daveydempsey

Oh and if you click "Members" > "Recent Activity" and keep scrolling down and then click "Show Older Items" it shows every post made.

11. daveydempsey

Also you can click "Home" top left and look at each post with pics in date order.

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Antidiem, As Davey told me before, you can also search particular members' names... but that assumes the person used the same user name that they had before. I think that most have, but not all. -- that's still not a full list, but the best you can do for now.

13. Figtree3

Oh, almost forgot -- Hi, Greg!

14. daveydempsey

Peter has enabled an extra dropdown in "Members" :cool::cool:

Figtree3 likes this.
  15. Figtree3

That was quick. Kudos to Peter, and to you!

16. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I don't know if you, Davey, had any kind of advance notice that our old world, as we once knew it, was rolling down the the hill into the depths of the "deep" unknown (no pun intended)......but kudos to you for this place, truly in the nick of time, for all of us that have spent years in the same classroom, so to speak....I am grateful.

I was trepidatious at first. The other had become so unnerving, to say the least, I had pretty much decided that life outside my real life, life on the computer, was slowly weaning away, and I was kind of glad of that or thought it a good thing.

I realized, you people ARE part of my real life and have been for several years.

At present, I'm in my childhood home town, on the beach, with lifetime friends and family, on a strange computer, about to leave to have dinner with even more old friends.......yet I checked in here and not the familiar other place I haven't even looked.

Thank you, to all of you, for a new place...

17. gregsglass

Hi Sue,
    It is true that all of you have become "family" to me which means no disrespect to my family but you people are the world to me. The rest of the family have seen me go down the tube and not really cared as much as you guys/gals. I thank God every day , I was so afraid that you were going to go "Pouff" next week.
    greg

tyeldom3 likes this.
  18. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Ah, Greg :joyful: So very sweet of you to say so, and thank you for that. Anyone who weeds through the crap and bravado and sees who I really am, priceless. After all, I really am 'perfect'.......snort. :playful:

I'm at home now, on my own computer. Once I have a chance, I will find a few things to post, start a learning class on silver marks (if someone else doesn't do it first, with my blessing), find a new avatar pic, figure out how to do that! If no one minds, start a thread of nothing more than this or that.....a place to play, interact about nothing in particular....just share and chat.

19. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Hi Greg, so good to see so many familiar faces here.

20. gregsglass

imagesCAF7OXFQ.jpg Hi,
    I agree the faces are increasing. I just left the AB and a twin to Deep is taking over but at least he/she can spell. Still spouting wrong info but that is not my problem.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted