Featured Hoglund glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KSW, Nov 7, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Saw these today- would you buy or pass?. Very cheap but is it collectable?. I really like the colour of the darker one -very 70s although marked for the 90s!
    Thanks for looking.
    43A9BFB9-10DE-43E7-ADCE-B219A57222F2.JPG 724E2B11-20EE-4317-855A-748AA053266D.JPG EFA540C1-58CC-4905-85CE-981BD2BAD798.JPG 7ED8F830-3254-4D94-A6BF-F23B4B10476E.JPG

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE THEM !! .. I like the darker colour also, would buy them in a heartbeat !! ... Joy. :):):)

KSW, Any Jewelry and scoutshouse like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Cheap. Grab.

Christmasjoy, KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I agree! Buy them!

Christmasjoy, KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

They sure remind me of Tango vases. Love orange glass!

Christmasjoy and KSW like this.
  6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

My rule of thumb is anytime you see signed art glass cheap. BUY IT!

Christmasjoy, judy, KSW and 3 others like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Also very 90s. I also prefer the darker one, but why not buy both?

Christmasjoy and KSW like this.
  8. PortableTreasures

PortableTreasures Active Member

Oh, what a steal! I've been to the Hogland glassworks in NZ and they make gorgeous pieces. I have two of their penguins. I am close to hyperventilating over how cheap these vases are!

the company is run by Ola and Marie Hoglund--Ola's dad is a famous glass maker/designer for Kosta Boda.

9. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

buy for sure

Christmasjoy, judy and KSW like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I went back and bought the pair. Fortunately so cheap I didn't have to split them up. It's not often you get a resounding thumbs up from everyone on the forum. I should have bought them there and then but I'm trying to become a bit more discerning so I don't end up with huge piles of junk. Fortunately I now have you lovely people on this wonderful forum to run my potential purchases past. I'd not heard of Hoglund so it's been fun researching too.
    I'll remember that!. Glass isn't usually my thing but I really like these.
    That's slightly what threw me off too. I thought if they were anything interesting they would have been marked higher as they came from an auction/house clearance warehouse where they usually know their values.
    Aha! That's where the O&M comes from. Thankyou.

Draft saved Draft deleted