Horse Hoof looking aluminum thing

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Kronos, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

hs.jpg hs2.jpg hs3.jpg Got a pair of these today. They look like horse hooves with horse shoes. Aluminum. One has a cap and one is missing the cap. The cap says Tri-Sure and Pat 2718979 or 2718070 maybe. The one without the cap reveals a threaded hole and hollow space inside. Tri-Sure seems to produce industrial closures and packaging. Oil drums and caps and such.

They measure 5 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches and about 3 inches tall.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Want to say a mold or die of some sort. The inside of the circular part looks like some sort of cap to me.

Kronos and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Wonder if it is some sort of hoof repair piece they add onto the bottom of a damaged hoof after the bad part is trimmed away? Just a WAG!

[​IMG]

Kronos likes this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

There is a cap, as I mentioned in my post. And it unscrews to reveal a hollow cavity. I thought it might be a mold/die or something similar at first also.

Here's what they look like without the cap.

hs4.jpg

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Interesting. These kinds of things are a research challenge that will haunt you. I have had my share.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

7. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I posted on a "what is this" facebook group and they thought it was for Tennessee Walking Horses. Stacks. While the shape is similar, i've not found anything like these for that use. Who knows...

Bakersgma and kyratango like this.
  8. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

" stacked shoe "

9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

been living in Shelbyville, TN (walking horse capital) most of my life and have never seen a "stacked" shoe like this one. Gaited horses also use staked shoes. Need to find a farrier familiar with this particular type.

Draft saved Draft deleted