Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing
>
House of Worth gloves
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="gregsglass, post: 1524292, member: 78"]Hi,</p><p> I remember back in the late 1950s buying an old trunk at a farm sale for 12 dollars. It was locked and unopened as things used to be. I could hear a few hangers banging around. Took it home and was busy at school did not have time to open it. After several months I tried several keys I had and the trunk opened. In the trunk was many hangers and a wonderful Worth gown. I did not know any thing about the House of Worth then. A woman at school asked to see the gown and came to visit. She almost busted a gut when I showed her the gown. She said it was very valuable and offered to sell it for me. I agreed and two weeks later she gave me 200 dollars. I found out years later it was really valuable much more than 200 dollars. I was extremely grateful to the woman who sold the dress. I remember that it was violet and gray velvet with black trim.</p><p>greg[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="gregsglass, post: 1524292, member: 78"]Hi, I remember back in the late 1950s buying an old trunk at a farm sale for 12 dollars. It was locked and unopened as things used to be. I could hear a few hangers banging around. Took it home and was busy at school did not have time to open it. After several months I tried several keys I had and the trunk opened. In the trunk was many hangers and a wonderful Worth gown. I did not know any thing about the House of Worth then. A woman at school asked to see the gown and came to visit. She almost busted a gut when I showed her the gown. She said it was very valuable and offered to sell it for me. I agreed and two weeks later she gave me 200 dollars. I found out years later it was really valuable much more than 200 dollars. I was extremely grateful to the woman who sold the dress. I remember that it was violet and gray velvet with black trim. greg[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing
>
House of Worth gloves
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...