How old my elephants and from where they are India China?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WishList, Jul 13, 2019.

?

what age, from where and what kind of stone

1. age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. from where

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

WishList thinks Komokwa's signature line of " I ain't here on business, Babe.
    I'm only here for fun !! ........... 'The Boss' " means that he is calling her Babe. She threatens to report him. Think there is a bit of a language barrier/understanding of forum protocol snafu going on.

2. WishList

WishList New Member

Maybe misunderstanding.
    I am new to this community, I am learning and researching and I posted what I found to share the info. I don't feel comfortable in community where people use bad words even they have thousands of posts, it does not give any body right to do that.
    Thanks for contacting me.

3. WishList

WishList New Member

Thanks for trying to understand, I am new I dont know your language, but he shouldn't react like that.
    I am sorry if I miss understood, and I will aspect apology from this member for using after all bad word!

Christmasjoy and quirkygirl like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

@WishList. The problem with the written word is that it can easily be misconstrued. Please hang around a little longer. There are many lovely people here.

5. WishList

WishList New Member

Thank you, I believe like everywhere.
    Have a nice time

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I am very sorry the language barrier and emotions around the confusion about the signature line got in the way.
    Maybe we should bear in mind that we all have our bad days, when we feel fragile, and are sensitive because of that. Understanding others can be difficult at the best of times, but worse at times like that.

But...
    No photos of the bottoms of the feet.
    And does all the confusion mean I don't have to point out that the elephants, nice though they are, are not jade made for an 18th century Chinese imperial court, and therefore will never have a comparable value?;)

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

This kind of problem is why I have let go of some Mah-velous puns! (Or equally goofy mots) I don't do them if they can be misconstrued by a newby to our ranks, who might then be off-put, which would make me feel just Terrible!

Oops. Run-on sentence...

8. Any Jewelry

You can always use your mahvelous puns on those of us who have been here a while.:D
    Join the club, I never know how to avoid those...:banghead::sorry:

9. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I would also like to see the underside of the feet and belly.

Also, what are the measurements (height / width) of these pieces?

10. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I had a new member from the UK report me for my Spike Milligan tag line
    I have the body of an eighteen year old.
    I keep it in the fridge.

I was the only mod at the time so she reported me to me , she thought it was disgusting

I thought it was funny and explained her mistake without going overboard.:hilarious:

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sorry...I don't think what has been leveled at me here ...is funny !

12. komokwa

I have not misconstrued anything leveled against me....... this either !!!!

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  13. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like a language problem,maybe if someone offered her some bangers would she be offended.British,Australian,New Zealand,and the U.S. English language have enough differences to confuse a lot of us at times.

14. Any Jewelry

I think Kiko meant that wishlist misconstrued something, since she thought the quote in your signature line was directed at her.

15. Any Jewelry

:hilarious:

Another thing is that many of us come from cultures with a related sense of humour, and are used to taking certain things lightly. In some other cultures those things may not be regarded the same way.
    Davey's Spike Milligan line is one of those things. Being a Spike Milligan fan I thought it fun, but if you don't know that kind of humour it may remind you of something horrific.

@daveydempsey , I also remember the fuss a certain someone made over your Bush quote. She said she felt offended because she was part French. I am part French and thought it funny, it showed Bush's ignorance, that's all.
    I am sure our kyra and the other French and part French members didn't feel offended either.

16. komokwa

no... she meant..."There are many lovely people here".....& I'm just not one of them !!

nuff said !

17. Any Jewelry

To me you are.:kiss:

18. komokwa

back at ya girl !!!! :kiss::kiss::playful::playful:

19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

And Komo is one of them!

20. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!