Featured How the Heck Are You Supposed To Decipher Signatures?!

Discussion in 'Art' started by Sassy, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Sassy

Sassy Well-Known Member

Am I just blind?

I can make out some of the letters but no amount of googling has helped. I've guessed every name that has popped into my head that it could be and still nothing.

Now I'm sure it's just an amateur artist and there's nothing further to be found out about this painting BUT I don't KNOW, right? I mean, I could stumble upon a famous piece of art, sit at my computer and try to figure out wtf the signature says, give up in frustration and never know.

Do you develop an eye for this kind of thing?! Is there a website that has a directory of artists so I can throw my guesses at something more substantial than google?

Halp!
    OIL PAINTINGZ DERESSA - Copy.jpg OIL PAINTING - Copy.jpg

2. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Z. Doresslong???

Hi....just inverted/inversed the signature image to see if it might help anyone in trying to see who it might be......I personally haven't a clue though.....it's a lovely painting !!!!!!!

zOIL PAINTINGZ DERESSA - Copy.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Christmasjoy, Sassy and KingofThings like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

King......HOW you can POSSIBLY hit the "like" button before or AS I'm hitting the POST button is waaaay BEYOND me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judy, clutteredcloset49 and komokwa like this.
  5. Sassy

Sassy Well-Known Member

WOW thanks so much for trying! That is cool. Doesn't make it any clearer though huh haha.

Thanks so much for those links, I am book marking them!!

I actually feel better now that I am not the only one who can't figure out whattheheck it says.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Z. Dresser?

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Don't think it matters much and the signature may be purposefully illegible. Looks like a factory painting to me.

MrNate and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted