Howdy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Snowman Cometh, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Snowman Cometh

Snowman Cometh Well-Known Member

I buy stuff. Lots of stuff. I'd like to say it's all good. But, it's not. I'm over packed.

I love art and beautiful things. We collect old things, especially old German things, like smokers, wooden items. We have 7 Christmas trees at Christmas filled with many old ornaments. Oh, and Disney. We've vacationed there a lot. We have tons of Disney. I pride myself on a wonderful Figment collection.

My #1 is autograph collecting. I never planned on it. I've met a lot of celebrities and their autographs are in a box in my basement. A decade ago I saw Fritz Lang's Die Neibulugen and it was FABULOUS. I saw a Ross Verlag card with the two leads autographs and bought it.
    upload_2023-10-30_0-6-22.png
    Lang's Metropolis is considered one of the greatest silent films ever made. So, I got the bright idea to collect all the main principals of the movie. It took years. But, I got them all. Erwin Biswanger was a lead, and IMPOSSIBLE to find. You can only find screenshots of him from Metropolis online, and ebay has one Ross card from Die Nibelungen that you can't even recognize him. Try finding a bio on him. I think IMDB made up the date of his death. He's a ghost. Finally a few years ago on ebay in Germany someone put up a sketch he did of an actress, it's signed Biswanger. I WON.
    upload_2023-10-30_0-11-12.png
    I added more and more. A few days ago at auction ($5) this letter was part of a book lot, it includes the envelope. I got a great bargain. There were 3 autographed books in the lot. All for $5.
    upload_2023-10-30_0-22-50.png
    I buy a lot... Too much...

The stories I can share...

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

So do !!!

& Welcome

Snowman Cometh and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Snowman.
    Great collection, and I am also a bit of a fan of Fritz Lang's Expressionist movies, absolute masterpieces. My favourite is "M - Eine Stadt sucht einen Mörder", but the artistic stylisation of his Nibelungen films is stunning.

Snowman Cometh and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

welcome aboard.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Snowman!

6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

Snowman Cometh likes this.
  7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome :)

8. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Welcome. Looking forward to some interesting posts showing more items from your collection

9. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

10. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Yes, welcome. You win the award for 'Great Introduction'!

11. Snowman Cometh

M is magnificent. I do have a Lorre autograph.

Part One of Die Niebulungen was excellent. Part Two Kremheld's Revenge was better. Part Two makes Death Wish and all the modern revenge flicks seem like Bambi. I absolutely love Part Two.

Any Jewelry and Potteryplease like this.
  12. Snowman Cometh

I absolutely will. As a matter of fact today we went to a thrift shop and bought a beautiful old china cabinet (I'll take a picture once it's together and in place). We already have seven. Our place is kind of small. But, in a week it'll be filled.

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Choose the proper FORUM for your items.......and we'll all take a peek ! :playful::playful:

Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

Draft saved Draft deleted