Featured I am a hoarder, I am a hoarder but hoarding can be fun..

Discussion in 'Tools' started by springfld.arsenal, Mar 7, 2017.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Today was another day at the machinery dealers' liquidation, I bought stuff that looked like it might prove useful at our biz, or might be saleable. I gotta admit that I really don't know much about half of it, but it was priced low enough that I didn't have to worry. One of the more unusual items purchased was about a ton of vintage marble threshold pieces. There were two crates with two different lengths. I know they aren't very valuable so maybe I'll use them as edging in the yard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You might be able to tile a bathroom with the marble, if you were so inclined and nuts enough to want to tile something.

4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I'm liking the aluminum casting on that gear reducer (?) in your first pic

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I see this as a cry for help :)

6. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

Personally I'd use 'em to make a Statue Garden or maybe to house more of the animals that would take refuge in the other things in the Statue Garden.:smuggrin:

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I like your artwork!!!!!!
    "Sharp", with clear graphic arrow and action-drawing of hand dripping with blood, missing a finger!

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Someone near and dear to you needs to remove your cell phone, wallet and put you in a straight jacket & handcuffs - LOVINGLY!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::banhappy::blackeye::borg::cyclops::doctor::doctor::doctor::happy::happy::nurse::nurse::nurse::nurse::nurse::playful::playful::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

9. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

This is what I think of everytime I hear "Hoarder", is it I'm a Trekkie or do I have a good memory; I don't know.:vulcan: Horta.jpg

10. evelyb30

11. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I like the sign of warning about using the sharp tools.
    :)

12. springfld.arsenal

Good comments, and the Gila Monster likes my artwork! Today I made my 5th visit to the machinery dealer's liquidation sale. I figure I'm paying an average of about $150. A ton for good-quality used hand tools, machine tools, accessories, etc. so I'm buying about everything that looks like I'll be able to use it someday. For example the seller asked $200. For all the stuff in the first pic, which I was happy to pay. The other stuff was $40. per contents of each photo. Kind of like being in a dreamland, had to pinch myself.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. evelyb30

This is dangerous - a man with a serious tool addiction...and a warehouse. Next thing you know he'll be buying old shipping containers or school busses so he'll have a place to store his furniture, kitchen equipment, clothes, etc....

14. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm so happy for you Spring!

Yet still jealous. :(

15. springfld.arsenal

I'd like to find out who made the red "man lift" pictured. It has an hydraulic system powered by a car battery, and lifts one person up to about 20' height. The 7' collapsed height contains two nested vertical extensions which "telescope" as a piston pushes; uses chains also, just like a forklift if you've ever watched how the mast works on those. No maker's marks found yet-I suspect they were on a decal or plate that's long gone. If anyone knows, pls share! I wasn't too interested until the seller hooked it up to his truck's electrical system, got it to run, and cut his original $100 price in half. At that point I was completely helpless, I was like one of the sleeper saboteurs getting the phone call in the classic Chuck Bronson film "Telefon."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  16. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

In the mid eighties my dad was on one of those working on an aircraft engine. It dropped a couple feet and then caught. He bounced down the stairs a bit and flopped off over the rail about ten feet up. Totally shattered right arm and leg on the concrete. Was in the hospital over six months and the casts were over a year. He'd know all about it but he's gone. They are used a lot in airliner maint.

17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

:happy::happy:Never heard of that kind of tool addiction before:cool::cool::cool::smuggrin::smug::rolleyes::D:eek:

18. springfld.arsenal

Well the saga continues-tomorrow I hit the same liquidation again, will look at getting some of his NOS/NIB electrical components. He stocked that stuff because he manufactured electrical phase converters made from used induction motors and new capacitors etc. There are several good machine tools I'm looking at too, but my tactic of admiring them just long enough that someone else grabs them has saved me lots of $. I'll have to make a few more trips to his shop because I bought all his storage and display racks and shelving, but I can't take it until he's got all of his remaining stuff off of it. As with his other stuff, the prices were a fraction of those I usually see on similar material.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  19. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in any Western Electric capacitors he may have. Shy away from the electrolytics and PCB filled.

20. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

THERE'S NO CRYING IN ANTIQUING!!!!
    :)

Draft saved Draft deleted