I blame the Americans and Germans!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by carolgal, Jul 27, 2019.

1. carolgal

carolgal Well-Known Member

Like a party eh?

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Kyra! Couldn't you at least find an antique one!:rolleyes::playful:

3. carolgal

It is sad and horrible, not what I would recommend unless they had an interest in the subject. Tour guides eh?

Reading is my Zanax:)

4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Is this one more convenient?:rolleyes:;)
    upload_2019-7-27_20-43-35.jpeg

Jivvy, Aquitaine, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

"Reading is my Zanax"

Has been my favourite pastime for decades - since I figured out the word sterling on a spoon while still a tot. Unfortunately I am seldom strong enough to hold a book for very long these days. I bought a number of book stands, but the only way in which I can use one comfortably is in bed with a hospital table. And as we all know (according to my mother), there are only two reasons to be in bed during the day - and one of them is if you are dying.

6. carolgal

Found a link for Pat, first link, the first poem....he writes whatever he sees in the day, ignore the second one, hope I'm not torturing you....

http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/Poetry/Ingoldsby.html

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That is very touching, Carol, and just the way it is. People like Rita are too beautiful for a world with so many evil minds in it.

judy, Aquitaine, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  8. carolgal

AJ, the Hindu culture have a wonderful way of describing the structure of the process of Mankind and it is nothing like what we believe here in the West. Puts us to shame really. Someday I am quite sure we will talk about it. Thank you for reading Pat babe:)

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I am horribly late to this welcome thread.
    So welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.

Mansons, yes you have a lovely way of expressing yourself, I aspire to be as funny, bright, clever and expressive as you are. A gal can dream.

judy, Aquitaine, Christmasjoy and 5 others like this.
  10. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Pearlsnblume - little can disconcert me, but your praise has made me blush................I prefer to think of myself as just a rambling, half literate old man with a wondering, increasingly feeble mind...................

judy, kyratango, scoutshouse and 3 others like this.
  11. carolgal

Ah, will you stop or I shall have to (shall? I don't ever use the word shall, what is happening??) Somehow you raise the bar in language even for me and I am a proud commited illiterate......now what was I saying? oh yes, forgotten now with the shock...........Anyway I dub you official bar raiser of this forum and object of much envy and wishful if onlys and now we will have a song :singing::singing::singing::singing:

judy, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Mansons has had a few years longer than most of us to properly learn the language.

judy, i need help, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Wow! Congratulations, Carolgal!
    To go along with all your “points”, you are now officially a “Well-Known Member” ! :)

14. carolgal

Imagine!! Blown away altogether.....a bit parallel universy feeling....am I dreaming? What a site! A little comment on how user friendly it is, best one I have ever been on by far!!!! Thank you all so much:joyful:

Jivvy, judy, i need help and 4 others like this.
  15. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Congratulations!:)
    I concur! THE BEST SITE!;):joyful:

Jivvy, judy, i need help and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted