Featured I can't make this up! A find to complete an already amazing find! Ivory?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by spartcom5, Aug 29, 2020.

1. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

So awhile ago I posted this https://www.antiquers.com/threads/m...-of-6-cups-some-questions.52164/#post-2499286 a month ago. At the the time when I was at the store I was told there was a pitcher to go with these cups and I looked for it for over 40 minutes while I was there and it was nowhere to be found. I just assumed they didn't know and there never was a pitcher and I had thought I bought the complete set.

However, I went back today and i was awestruck when I went over to the silver section. To my amazement the pitcher was sitting there on the shelf!!! It has been almost a month since I bought the cups and for it to have remained there for this long I have no idea. They must have misplaced it when I was there first and they found it sometime after I left I assume and put it out. I still can't believe it and NOW I have the complete set!! The pitcher weighs 393 grams putting the grand total at 1305 grams of 80% silver for $12.

20200828_214611_resized.jpg 20200828_214627_resized.jpg 20200828_214636_resized.jpg 20200828_214650_resized.jpg 20200828_214704_resized.jpg

2. Roshan Ko

Roshan Ko Well-Known Member

Great find X 2

You are also lucky you went back there.

3. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see it polished!!!!!

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Great, spart. And a wonderful set.

The rings look like ivory to me.
    Tweaked this one a bit, you can see the alternating bands:

upload_2020-8-29_15-3-29.jpeg

6. Janice Nicholls

Janice Nicholls Active Member

Wow...very nice indeed. I was also thinking Ivory. And yes, please post again when polished.

cxgirl and Sandra like this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

I often see a few glasses in one part of a charity shop and more of the same pattern in another area. What gets me is when they have different prices :woot:

bercrystal and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted