I give up! Recognize pattern or maker on this thumbprint platter?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Mar 18, 2018.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

fullsizeoutput_259b.jpeg
    I can't find anything that looks like this one It is footed with three feet on the bottom I thought it was crystal but I'm not sure about the noise when I flick it but it is rather thick. Almost 12.5" in diameter and no air bubbles Help. please and thank you

judy likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Can only offer it is a cake plate.
    Sometimes there weren't any other matching pieces, so the item might not have a pattern name.

Don't know if that is the case here, I don't recognize it. Sorry

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. gauntlettgems

Cake plate because of the tiny feet? Just wondering so I may learn and thank you @clutteredcloset49

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Yes, a cake plate generally has 3-4 tiny feet or a footed rim about 1/2" high. Also it looks to be completely flat so a cake won't sag into the middle depression of a plate.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

My eyes must be playing games with me....I originally though it must be for Deviled Eggs and those were cup-like grooves for them!!!!:wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::D:confused::confused::D

judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  7. gauntlettgems

@Aquitaine funny you mention that because that is the reason I picked this piece up. I thought it was for deviled eggs. I love those things!!!

judy, anundverkaufen and Aquitaine like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And I could make myself SICK on them.....SO, SO GOOD!!!!!

judy likes this.
  9. gauntlettgems

Mine does not have the raised lip or edge, is it still considered a cake or torte plate? Just curious as I am only finding ones with the raised edge TY @TallCakes

judy likes this.
  10. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

yes, torte or cake plate would be acceptable description. you'd need a catalog to know what the maker may have named it...

gauntlettgems likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted