I have a drop leaf table that has only 774-44 as marking ....

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Cristine L Orzel, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Would really loved to know more about it just got done refinishing it and 6 dining chairs ...I believe it is mahogany but could be teak? [I did take the leaf and a chair to rockler and a wood working shop but they could not be sure either]. Given the shape of the legs I am guessing (note just a guess) that it is art deco to mcm time ie the nr -44 may be year made?
    I just finished so here are a few of the photos first one is the table turned upside down and before stain and with new stain it has three inserts in one of the newer photos you will see 2 are in ...it expands from 24" with sides dropped to 102" with all three leaves in . Would appreciate more info as I was unable to find another like it anywhere on the web no matter search word criteria. Thanks in advance for any help, guidance.

Attached Files:

i need help likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks more like light oak. I actually like the pale colour better than the dark, but that's me.

3. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Looks like Art Moderne to me, just post Art Deco. Nice!

4. Michael77

Michael77 Well-Known Member

Very Nice! I would agree definitely oak, by open grain and grain pattern.

i need help likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Oak, 1950s I would think. Also like the pale color better.... more fitting with the style.

gregsglass, i need help and Michael77 like this.
  6. That's my thought so transitioning from Art Deco to MCM it's a gorgeous table am going to attach two more daylight photos ...sorry just finished the resto ....as far as the finish goes the chairs are stained to match frame java and the rectangular open pack is walnut and a very fun fabric with 3d velour on the dark brown parts to appeal to the mcm vibe I love

Attached Files:

Jivvy likes this.
  7. So light /white? oak it is LOL the wood is heavy solid and took a bit of work to get her done

Jivvy likes this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think the number just a model number.

9. any thoughts on maker or ?

10. Right just couldn't find anything online that brought up any kind of vintage drop leaf table with that model number

11. So here is the set all finished in the sunlight :) still no clue as to maker though ...

Attached Files:

Michael77, Jivvy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  12. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

The set holds its own, you don't need a maker's name. The fabric is perfectly period, though I never would have thought to use it on seats. Very nice!

Michael77, Jivvy and Bakersgma like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very nice...

14. Why thank you for the kind words, I am pleased that you think the fabric was perfect I think it makes the whole set fresh :) just loved the fabric... wanted to make this our son's first home's table and chairs but he was not loving the fabric :)

Mansons2005 likes this.
  15. I have used at times the word curmudgeon (just love the sound of the word) great that use it as well

Mansons2005 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted