Featured I have tickets for the Antiques Roadshow

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by vintagerobin, Jun 15, 2024.

1. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

Tuesday at the Baltimore Zoo. I'm taking a miniature portrait I've had for decades. But I can't decide between an antique gold wristwatch or a Weller Glendale vase for the second item.

I don't have anything out to take pics yet. I have 3 young cats and keep things in safe places until I need them. But the vase is like one of these:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/weller-pottery-baluster-vase-glendale-3925324157

The wristwatch looks like this one:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hallmark-womens-ribbon-wristwatch-3847609676

The pictures of my miniature painting are on the other computer and it's being a $%^& lately. I'll take more pics when I get a chance.

This will be My third Roadshow. The first was Virginia Beach and had lots of neat stuff. The second was in Pennsylvania and every other item coming in the building was a gun. Very boring show.

komokwa, Bakersgma, mmarco102 and 5 others like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Ohhh, If it was me, I'd take the vase. But be CAREFUL with it! Have fun.

Bakersgma, Boland, stracci and 3 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

put the watch in your pocket .....

Boland, vintagerobin and stracci like this.
  4. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Haha! I grew up in PA. They love their firearms, don't they?

komokwa and vintagerobin like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Take the item that's more likely to get you on TV. ;)

Debora

6. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Definitely.. Great backup!

7. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

That’s very exciting. I wouldn’t really know between the vase vs watch as a 2nd. But I think I would have taken the vase (beautiful and very striking) Hopefully the miniature portrait does the trick. Best of luck!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
    komokwa and vintagerobin like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm with the others, take the vase and put the watch in your pocket, just in case.;) More importantly, have a great time.:)
    I find that it works when you put breakable items 'huddled' chockablock together.
    That is to say, it always worked with my kittens.:cat: You may want to try it with cheap items first, maybe even plastic.

The chockablock display technique is also a very good excuse to collect as many things as you like.:joyful:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Have fun, and good luck!

Boland, komokwa and vintagerobin like this.
  10. vintagerobin

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am going against the grain here. Think the vase is too normal for the Roadshow. Not much more to know about it really, so nothing for them to expound about. I don't know how common the watch is but it seems the better of the two items for the Roadshow.

12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Doesnt seem like womens wristwatches seem terribly popular,unless they are diamond encrusted from Chopard or the like. Id be absolutely unable to pick 2 items without freaking out and changing my mind constantly ! One of the downsides of having too many pretties ! LOVE the miniature portrait.

13. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

Exciting! Good luck and post back how it went!

vintagerobin likes this.
  14. vintagerobin

I am tired and hot! I drank a bottle of tea, a bottle of water, and drank more tea when we stopped to eat on the way home. I still didn't have a full bladder because I sweat most of it out!

Anyway, it was another interesting roadshow. I met one of the Keno brothers. Met one of the retired local newsmen working as a volunteer. Also saw one dealer that I see at auctions doing a segment for the show. And I saw some interesting stuff.
    My stuff was what I thought it was. But, when I went to get out the vase I wanted to take, I noticed I had another vase I had forgotten about and was never able to identify. I think I may have even posted it here at one time. So, I took it instead. Unfortunately, I broke it on the way in. :bored: And I had it in bubblewrap and a box!
    I spent quite a bit of time sitting under a tent waiting for my sister and watching them film some of the more informal bits they do.

There was one piece that I'm not sure will make it on the show but my sister and I spent some time talking to the people. It was a huge painting of a dollar bill that was beautifully framed and the guy bought it at a flea market for I think it was $10 or $15. They were told it was worth several thousand. They had come all the way from Georgia with it in a rental truck.

komokwa, DivasFinds and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted