I love antiques...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kenovizio, Aug 7, 2020.

?

Perfume bottle

1. Interested in history

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Interested in value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kenovizio

kenovizio New Member

Hello my name is keno, I started getting very interested in antiques about a year ago. I have a perfume bottle and I would like to know how old it is and if it has any value.??? I believe is around 40-50 years old..
    There’s something in the items that make me feel interested about..
    I live in Florida and I work with seniors, one of the seniors talk to me about his coin collection and I thought it was impressive.
    He also had a stamp collection and told me to keep the book full
    Of stamps.
    I since became very interested in finding antiques..

Attached Files:

2. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

3. kenovizio

kenovizio New Member

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, kenovizio!

We have a member who knows a great deal about perfume bottles. I will tag her for you so she can see your beauty. @bercrystal

bercrystal likes this.
  5. kenovizio

kenovizio New Member

Thank you very much appreciate it.

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@kenovizio - Hello & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

I am going to need some assistance from someone who can turn your photo upright & if possible make it a little larger. :):) @i need help

However if you could provide a little larger photo & have the bottle placed in front of a plain neutral background that would also be wonderful.

My guess right now is c.1970's likely imported by Irice. Hopefully once I get a better look at the hardware I can be more definitive.

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. kenovizio

kenovizio New Member

8. kenovizio

kenovizio New Member

Hope those pictures help.?
    It has a little piece on the back of the flowers that’s says... made in Germany west.

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the assistance @i need help!! :happy::happy:

While I can not be absolutely sure, I would guess at one time it had a foil Irice sticker on the bottle. As I said earlier they were just an importer & did not actually make any of the items they sold.

The hardware is fairly generic & this bottle could have been paired with a myriad of different screw on toppers. They came in many different styles, colors & shapes from very elaborate to rather plain. The puffer ball is of course missing, but replacements can be bought on-line. If the plastic tubing is still present inside it could still be operational. You also may be able to find replacements for that on-line also if you are looking to use the bottle.

I think my original age estimate of c.1970 is probably about right. On-line value is fairly low & on eBay would bring somewhere between $10 to $20. The more elaborate toppers sometimes bring more, but this is one of the more plainer toppers.

Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  11. kenovizio

kenovizio New Member

Thank you so much for the information, it’s so much appreciate it..
    You guys are great!!! Again, thank you all for the information..

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted