Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
I need help id these French vases
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="clutteredcloset49, post: 153379, member: 85"]They appear to be blanks by different porcelain companies. Notice the marks are not the same.</p><p><br /></p><p>I am going to guess that a decorating company bought the blanks (from different companies) and then decorated them in the Sevres Style. They are not Sevres. Only meant to look like. </p><p><br /></p><p>I think if you get a magnifying glass and look closely at the picture, you will see dots. This would indicate a transfer decoration and not hand painted, which Sevres would have been.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="clutteredcloset49, post: 153379, member: 85"]They appear to be blanks by different porcelain companies. Notice the marks are not the same. I am going to guess that a decorating company bought the blanks (from different companies) and then decorated them in the Sevres Style. They are not Sevres. Only meant to look like. I think if you get a magnifying glass and look closely at the picture, you will see dots. This would indicate a transfer decoration and not hand painted, which Sevres would have been.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
I need help id these French vases
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...