Featured I need help with a Blenko console bowl please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jun 28, 2023.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I picked this up at the GW this week.

I do know it was made sometime between 2000 and the present because of the sticker.

It is 11" across & is 2 1/4" to the side edge.

The bottom is polished flat & does have some shelf wear so I don't think it is brand new. :rolleyes:

Any information as to a specific artist or perhaps a shape name or number would be very much appreciated. :D:D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Figtree3, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  3. *crs*

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Figtree3, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  4. bercrystal

@*crs* - Thank you so much!! :happy::happy::happy::kiss:

I totally forgot about the catalogs online. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p:bag:

I will have a look through them when I am back home on my desk top. :happy:

I saw other similarly shaped ones listed online but they were all bigger &/or done in colored glass.

However, for $2.99 & no damage i just couldn't leave it behind. ;):p:smuggrin::smuggrin:

Figtree3 and *crs* like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Blenko for $3? I wouldn't have left it either.

*crs* and bercrystal like this.
  6. bercrystal

@*crs* - I think the piece you show above (789P) is flatter than my piece. You would only be able to get a 2" pillar candle (do they even come that small?) in the depression & I think it would look odd surrounded by 4 1/2" of the bowl.

I looked through all of the 2000s catalogs but did not see anything like my bowl. :(:(

I am not on Facebook so I guess it will just get listed with the information I have right now.

Thanks for looking for me!! :happy::kiss::kiss:

*crs* likes this.
  7. *crs*

@bercrystal , (you do realize I'm your old TP partner, right?) ;) Peggy I saved your pics and description and put it one of the Blenko groups. I'll give them a few hours before posting in another if no response.

Figtree3, Lucille.b and bercrystal like this.
  8. bercrystal

Yes, I do remember all those years of sharing a Terapeak account. :happy: :kiss::kiss:

Thank you so much for posting the bowl to the FB group!! :happy: :kiss::kiss:

I keep saying I am going to have to break down & join FB but just haven't gotten around to doing it.

I only want it to keep up with my perfume bottle group & the group of folks I worked with back in the late 1980s / early 1990s. Other than that I am not really interested that much & I'm sure that is why I have just not taken the time to sign up. :p:p:rolleyes::bag:

9. *crs*

1 answer in one group so far. I have it in another also
    upload_2023-7-1_17-21-38.png

10. bercrystal

The diameter is about right & this one just ended up being slightly smaller but mine is only 2 1/4" to the side edge.

What does she mean about being "from the Visitor's Center"?

Thanks again for posting this for me!! :happy::happy::kiss:

*crs* likes this.
  11. *crs*

I think the visitor's center may have sold 2nds? I tagged a friend in the group who is very knowledgeable when it comes to Blenko. Unfortunately she hasn't responded. :nailbiting:

bercrystal likes this.
  12. bercrystal

I will lay odds she is correct about it being a second. I don't know the correct terminology for it but about 1/4" to the left of the tag is a raised pinpoint dot of glass.

I think I can still sell it for more than I paid. ;):smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Thanks!! :happy::happy::kiss:

13. *crs*

definitely :happy:

bercrystal likes this.
  14. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm going the opposite direction. Wanting to leave FB (or downsize activities a LOT). Haven't quite gotten there yet, but working on it. It can be a major time waster, among other things. :)

bercrystal and *crs* like this.
  15. *crs*

I use it mostly for the different identification groups. I'm also an admin of 2 groups. One is for posting sold items to give peeps an idea as to what to look for while out at the thrift stores. The other is a large weekend auction group.

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  16. bercrystal

It would be on a very limited basis. It would likely mostly be for the IPBA site. For instance, right now I have a question about a repair & I know it would be very easy to get an answer quickly using that site. :happy::happy:

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted