Featured I need some help please - small choir girl - doll - ornament - package decoration?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Nov 23, 2023.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I came across this piece while going through the Christmas hoard out in the garage earlier this week. Over the last 2 weeks, I have taken 2 large loads over to the auction house. Most of it was vintage Christmas stuff that I know has been in the garage since we moved in 10 1/2 years ago. It was time to let someone else have a crack at selling it or using it for themselves. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p

I've already got the first check & while it definitely wasn't the biggest check I have ever gotten it was much more than I expected. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

It is well made but I am not sure what it is supposed to be. She looks to have a composition head with hand-painted features.

The only marking is the "made in Italy" tag. The metal clasp on the top of the bag is embossed "sigillo de garanzia" which translates to "guarantee seal".

She is 4 1/4" tall.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

komokwa, Bakersgma, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

5. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

All I can say is does look Italian, I have nothing else! xx

bercrystal, komokwa, judy and 2 others like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the Christmas pixie elves with bendable arms that were made in Japan.
    That is all I know.

bercrystal, komokwa and judy like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I know nothing!

All above answers could easily apply..............:cat:

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:stop: You know a lot. But you can't know everything.;)

bercrystal, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

How sweet is that AJ!

Thank you!

10. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Awww....isn't she sweet? Her head is molded felt. These were popular in the 1960s, but I've never seen any of them attributed to a specific manufacturer. Almost all of them I've come across have been Italian. I have no clue what the intended use was for them, but I've seen them with their arms around bottles or their skirt over the top of jars (or stuffed with tissue). Wish I could tell you more!

judy, Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd think a dime store item then.

Debora

12. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Agree with 1960s but that's all I got... :)

judy, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

A new word for me. :happy::happy:

Basically the same as above. :happy::happy:

She does have a very sweet face. :happy::happy:

:happy::happy:

I think when she was made both of her arms were outstretched but she has spent her entire life in that plastic bag which has caused her arms to be positioned as is seen. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :happy:

Thanks for helping with how her head was made & when she was made. I think the idea of stuffing some tissue in her skirt is wonderful. I wish I had more than just one as I think having a small group of "choristers" would be adorable. :happy::happy:

Thanks to everyone for all of the help!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

Draft saved Draft deleted