Featured I Went Digging In The Cedar Closet to Switch Summer/Winter Clothes Around

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Aquitaine, Jun 4, 2023.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Polished cotton is known to lose its polish if washed. I'd leave them alone and let a buyer mess with them. Unless you're keeping them, then mess away.

Figtree3 and kyratango like this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Have you tried steaming it?
    I have to admit, I'd probably just iron it, avoiding the rust spot.
    I had a lovely antique fine Irish linen damask tablecloth with a sheen like that... I laundered and ironed it without any loss of sheen. (And it sold for over $500!) But I didn't have to deal with fringe...
    This is different than polished cotton.
    When you list, do use the key words "show towel".
    But do wait for NLL to weigh in, she's the expert!

3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

If the creases are the result of the original packaging, you might want to avoid attempting to flatten them. It is evidence of their history.

Aquitaine and kyratango like this.
  4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

The fabric can be a silk mix with linen! We have those in France as embroidered with initials table cloth with napkins.

Aquitaine and bluumz like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I do agree that it would be best to list as is. Let us know when you do!

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, all, I'm not on ANY selling site, which brings me to my problem in de-accessing ANYTHING!!!! I may just end up die-ing with this stuff, or if I'm lucky getting some of it to auction before hand!!! But, I do appreciate learning about it's history when possible and digging for values when I can, before getting stuff together to ????? Thanks everyone again!!!! It's also hard to "Let Go" of some of it!!!!!!!!!!

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Donation to charity thrift shops works well for things that are not too valuable. Just convince yourself that you are going to clear out some things, then be honest with yourself with each item whether you are ever going to use it. And also keep the things that have some sort of sentimental value to you.

komokwa, Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted