Featured IBM new employee packet from 1964

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Eric in NH, May 16, 2019.

1. Eric in NH

Eric in NH New Member

While cleaning out my dad's house, I came across a folder containing into materials for new employees to IBM. He started with them in 1964. In the folder are some technical manuals, a beautifully presented book about the company, and an internal news paper. All are in new condition. It looks like they went into a box in 1964 and stayed there until I opened it last week.

IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

I know what these are and where they came from. A buyer is interested, but I have no frame of reference about value (other than anything is worth only what someone is willing to pay). Any help about establishing value would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Eric

cxgirl, moreotherstuff, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

IBM corporation may also express interest in these items, no idea of who to contact and I haven't googled it.

cxgirl, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Probably would make a good prop for a movie or tv show, but I have no idea of value.

cxgirl, judy and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

My father worked there starting in the 1950s. I did research some odds and ends I had around. As I recall it wasn’t very valuable, but I did not have this packet.

cxgirl, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Might be the technical manuals that are of interest.

cxgirl likes this.
  6. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/352616175833

This lot may have had more extensive manuals, I’m not sure exactly what or how many manuals you have. I think the fact that the packet looks to be “museum quality” in terms of condition is huge. Around where I live there are a lot of retired IBM’ers who didn’t lose there money in the crash. I’d ask a lot for it.

7. Eric in NH

Eric in NH New Member

Thanks, everyone. Valuable insights from each of you.

Cheers,
    Eric

i need help, cxgirl and judy like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Graphics are great. Suggestion: scan those before you sell them. That way, you've a virtual record of your dad's stuff.

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted