ID of Maker Marks on Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thrifster, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

This is a recent purchase of a pottery pitcher. The pitcher measures about 6 1/2" in height and is signed and has a maker mark which looks like the letter "S" in a circle. I can't make out the signature. I've tried a few variations of what I thought the signature could be with no luck and some searches on the letter "S' for the maker mark again with no luck. Does anyone know who made this pitcher or anything else about it? Thanks in advance for all replies.

HPIM7035.JPG
    HPIM7037.JPG
    HPIM7039.JPG
    HPIM7040.JPG
    HPIM7044.JPG

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. Dula

Dula New Member

I’ve looked everywhere, including online appraisers, Google lens, worth point membership to identify marks. Didn’t find this one and I’m in the same predicament. Can anyone tell me about this jug and the mark that I’m not sure if it’s a number two or a swan? I’ve had it since 1977, got it in North Carolina and I know nothing about it any help appreciated. Thank you

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The original post is from 2020. This item is studio pottery and apparently no one here recognized the signature. There is a Facebook group that specializes in studio pottery and they may recognize your piece. Studio pottery an be notoriously difficult to ID but is often found close to where it was originally produced. Good luck in your search.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The original poster was Thrifster. Did you change your name, Dula?

Draft saved Draft deleted