ID Sterling Silver Flatware

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Debbie Quick, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Debbie Quick

Debbie Quick New Member

Hi,
    I joined to see if any of you have expertise in sterling silver flatware. I have numerous pieces of inherited flatware, and some I've been able to identify, and some I can't. I'll be posting photos with questions to trace the history.

Tonight, I discovered I have a Whiting Louis XV set of sterling silver 6 round soup spoons from 1891. It's amazing to realize that these have been in my family for that long, and they're in great condition. It's been an interesting journey so far, and I'm eager to see what else I find.

If you'd like to help me, let me know, and I'll include you when I post starting tomorrow.

Thank you to anyone who can assist me!
    Debbie

kyratango likes this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Lots of expertise here (not me). What they will want is for you to present photos. Especially any marks with close up views, but also views of the whole piece.

Email them from your phone to yourself and select size medium. Also be sure to click Insert "full image" at the top of the list of your photos.

kyratango, KSW and komokwa like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Welcome, a lot of new members have trouble posting photos. Here is a thread that will help you with that:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

Please be sure to click "Full Size" on the little thumbnails, once loaded and before hitting "post".

As Kinko said above, if you are using a smart phone email the photos to yourself as 'medium' and it should resize them, photos have to be under 1MB to post.

kyratango likes this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Debbie Quick ! You don't have to include anybody in particular. Just post your pictures, as mentioned by others.

By the way, your subject line led me to believe you were talking about tracing people in your genealogy. Now I know it's flatware! :)

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted