Id this vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by abstractdesgn, Nov 11, 2019.

1. abstractdesgn

abstractdesgn New Member

Hi all -

I'm wondering if anyone recognizes this vase and can provide a lead on who makes it? It's a mid century style, but the shape is really cool and unique.

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, abstractdesign!

I'm sure one of our members will be able to help you, but your picture is much too small to see enough detail. Do you have a larger one?

judy, Christmasjoy and blooey like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

And one of the bottom.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. abstractdesgn

abstractdesgn New Member

Unfortunately that's all I have. The vase is not mine, it's a picture from an older furniture catalog.

judy likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Do you have the whole catalog or did you see the catalog online?

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Touchdry

Touchdry Well-Known Member

Welcome abstractdesign ... from this distance it looks German! But that can only possibly be verified if we can see the base- otherwise its all guesswork;

judy, Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  7. abstractdesgn

abstractdesgn New Member

8. Bakersgma

Doesn't look like we can do anything with that, unless by some strange chance they are selling it somewhere else in the catalog. Seems to me that you would have already found it if that were the case.

We are not a site for newly made items even if they seem to be styled in a retro fashion. I wish we could help, but I don't know what else to suggest.

9. abstractdesgn

abstractdesgn New Member

I'm pretty sure it's not a newly made item, but vintage used for staging the photo. Other photos are staged with catherine holm bowls for example. I just thought someone might recognize the distinct shape.

Draft saved Draft deleted