Featured Identification of Vintage Glass Vase??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Alesia42, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

This was part of yesterdays haul....I asked the guy to throw it in along with the pair of Brass Elephant lamps.....I picked it up because I love glass vases and it looked a little Art Deco....it was heavy so I offered $10....and they accepted....I didn't realized it was signed on the bottom until later.....Its approx. 8 in Ht x 3..75 in w....after clean up...there are a few scratches, no cracks or chips... the design looks like a paper transfer of sort...but is within the glass....it has a smoothed pontiff area on the bottom....it looks a little vintage like from the 30's?.......I can' tell if the name is Yorun...y? or j?.....or Yowrey??......or of the value....but its a keeper either way rsz_2vintage_bronze_elephant_lamps_and__signed_glass_vase_014.jpg rsz_vintage_bronze_elephant_lamps_and__signed_glass_vase_012.jpg rsz_vintage_bronze_elephant_lamps_and__signed_glass_vase_013.jpg rsz_vintage_bronze_elephant_lamps_and__signed_glass_vase_015.jpg rsz_vintage_bronze_elephant_lamps_and__signed_glass_vase_019.jpg rsz_vintage_bronze_elephant_lamps_and__signed_glass_vase_017 (1).jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    LauraGarnet02, FishLure, dude and 4 others like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Alesia!

Could it be Young?

But the only Young I could find was Young and Constantin, and the work looks different.....to me anyway.

The vase is lovely.

dude, antidiem, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

plaid423 and Bronwen like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Good find. Looks like a match (excluding initials) to my eye.

Debora

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 4.23.17 PM.png

Bronwen likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

8. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted