Identify: Art Deco Bar Cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Mike_Hockertts, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Mike_Hockertts

Mike_Hockertts New Member

Hello,

I've had this art deco bar cabinet sitting in the garage. There's some wood chipped off in places, scratches and other abrasions. Overall it's not in too bad of condition, no major damage or broken pieces. It still has the key and the locks plus rotating mirror works.

Any idea on the year, creator or value?

Thanks!

-MH

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Cool thing! Likely English. Hard saying value in this condition. Those veneer chips actually hurt value more than you might think since they are so prominent. You see such things in great condition in high end venues in big cities and on-line for $500-600.00 (or sometimes crazily more). Here in Podunkville at auction and in this condition, probably less than $100.00

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That mirrored column is everything! I love this to death! Though Im loathe to say it,Id paint it .That seems to be the trend,and brown furniture is still dead in the water.Bars and bar carts are quite popular right now,and have been for a while.I cant believe it has those curved glass shelves still intact! Im with Brad on 30's and english,fixed up I could easily see this going 250-450 range here in n. fla. I just saw some guy buy a ratty brass bar cart for $150.I was shocked.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

With the veneer damage, I hate to say I'd paint it too. It's 20th century and damaged; painting it will only help the resale. Chinese red or black and orange seem to be the colors of the moment, but I'd love to see it in navy; it would make those mirrors really pop. Your mileage may vary of course.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I loved your photo. I had friends that bought a house built in 1929 by a dentist. It had a basement that was pure Deco decorated. It had a large bar that was covered with mirrors like yours only blue. It took us a week to glue most of the mirrors back up. They had come off over the years.
    greg

6. Mike_Hockertts

Mike_Hockertts New Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I'll probably just fix it up or have someone do it and then use it what it was meant for!

-MH

Draft saved Draft deleted