Identify Decorative Glass Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Doug Ketcher, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Doug Ketcher

Doug Ketcher Well-Known Member

Good Evening, was wondering if anyone can please provide me a little info (timeframe and maker) on this red decorative glass lamp I recently purchased? LOVE the design and searched online, but couldn't find an exact match with anything out there.

Dimensions: 31(W) X 6(D) X 6(H)

LAMP Num 1.png LAMP Num 1 - 2.png LAMP Num 1 - 3.png

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice ...any chance we could see the base?

Doug Ketcher and Bakersgma like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

We need more info-could be Victorian ormolu & ceramic or a more modern copy.Casting could be a bit newer,also many of these lamps were electrified in the 1900's & yr bulb mount looks newer (tho the orig electrical parts could've been replaced).

Doug Ketcher likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It may be the picture, but that looks much more like ceramic than glass. Can we see how the "handles" are attached?

Doug Ketcher likes this.
  5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Doug Ketcher likes this.
  6. Doug Ketcher

Yup, it's ceramic... Thanks Bakersgma and Bosko69!

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. Doug Ketcher

Took your advice and looked more closely, and it's a modern copy. Thanks Bosko69!

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Doug Ketcher

Thanks Komokwa, I started looking closely at the bottom and it's clearly a modern copy made in China. Thanks for your input! Still nice lamp tho!

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted