Identify Rocking Horse

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by DianeS from Canada, Aug 27, 2018.

1. kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

From the label, it appears your rocking horse isn't yet old enough to be considered "vintage." I may be wrong -- please someone correct me if I am -- but it's my understanding that the phrase "Made in the People's Republic of China" has only been used on Chinese imports in the last few years.

Debora

kyratango likes this.
  3. Ok thank you

4. Found this

Attached Files:

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Diane, is your rocking horse around 10-12" long?

If so, my daughter had one almost identical to that in the late 1980's.

judy likes this.
  6. Just wish I knew the company that made it and the year

judy likes this.
  7. Yes it’s 11” long do u have any info on it?

SBSVC likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I suspect there were/are many, many companies in China making rocking horses. (If you do an internet image search, lots similar will come up.) And, IMHO, it really doesn't matter. The monetary value of your item is decorative despite its true value to you and your family being beyond price.

Debora

kyratango and SBSVC like this.
  9. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Diane, as I recall, the one my daughter had was purely a decor item - NOT for playing with - from somewhere like Pier One Imports. It sat on a bookshelf in her room, along with dozens of other horse/rocking horse/carousel horse figurines and the like.

10. That’s so true we have a few of her horse collectibles I miss her everyday. She just gave up her life and I watched her take her last breath in those 3 agonizing days and she passed on Valentine’s Day. So yes it is more valuable to hand these down to my grandchildren. Her name was Deborah Lynne but she’d not allow that! We called her Debbie

11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Diane, condolences on the loss of your beloved sister. Thanks for joining here, and asking about this.

By the way, I like your avatar. What kind of doll is that?

i need help and kyratango like this.
  12. Thank you. The doll Is one I am trying to find info about in my gallery. We call her Lucy. She’s a D&C drink and wets doll

Figtree3 likes this.
  13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, I never look in the Gallery. Thanks!

14. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Which brings up a little suggestion @DianeS from Canada . You really should start a thread about your doll in the Forums. No one will see the pictures in your Album. You can use them in the thread you start, though, so all is not lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted