Identify this vase signature?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Possibly Authentic, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Possibly Authentic

Possibly Authentic New Member

This vase is signed near the top rather than the base. Is this typical?

I wouldn't have assigned much value to this vase if I had not purchased it in a lot with beautiful Scandinavian art glass and Baccarat glass ware.

The base is plain with no signature and appears to be modern. I'm guessing it's Italian? Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

r yer photo's set to private....?

I think your guess to be correct..

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

4. Possibly Authentic

Thx for posting the pic moreotherstuff. I just used the camera icon "add media" link. Is there something different I should be doing, formatting wise, to get my pics to display properly?

moreotherstuff likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Possibly Authentic

I did read that and resized the file accordingly. For some reason, i don't get the full image/ thumbnail pop-up. I do for some of my random photos, but not my resized ones of the vase. I don't have the exact recommended dimension ratio as a resize option in my current software, maybe that's it?

Anyway, no worries. I'll do some tinkering and work it out.

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

As long as the images are UNDER 1 MB each, there shouldn’t be a problem loading…..and it’s one of the acceptable formats……and that doesn’t look in English, but being a worldwide site another member or two should be along who can figure it out…..PRETTY vase, though!!!

8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Italian, Spanish, Portuguese?

komokwa likes this.
  9. Possibly Authentic

Here's a couple more images, now that I have them posting correctly (seems I have no issues via my desktop). Any ideas on origin or the signature? Or is it just going to be a pretty vase?

FloralVase.jpg FloralVase2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted