Identifying armband/brassard

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by LucyLocket, Jul 3, 2021.

1. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Would anyone be able to help identify this armband/brassard please. I haven't been able to find another one like it in my online searching. It is in good condition with a very little age related staining & rust marks, the elastic is still quite stretchy. It came with a WWll British Red Cross nurses uniform I recently purchased. I did wonder if it might be the Non Combatant Corps but can only find limited info mostly relating to WWl.
    I would be grateful for any information/advice, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hi, Lucy! You'll want to be sure and post all your photographs as Full Image so they're easier for everyone to see. I've done so for one. Sure someone will be along shortly with instructions as to how to do the rest so you'll know for the future. (Not to worry. Something all new members have to learn.)

Debora

20210703_160127.jpg

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

Thank you - yes, I had seen that. I was hoping to find an image with a brassard like mine but have had no luck. I assume mine must be WWll?
    As to the photos - when I tried posting them full size a message popped up saying they were too large- so I resized them!

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What with font and elastic, I'd think so but I've seen World War II pins with a serif font so... dunno. You could always contact the Imperial War Museums. They might be interested in accepting as donation.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted