If anyone can give me more information on this Royal Worcester vase???

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Luke123, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Luke123

Luke123 New Member

Hi, I'm new here, so Hello everyone :)

Any information you can give me on this would be highly appreciated.

All i know that it is a Royal Worcester vase or urn... I believe from 1912 by the markings? But not sure who painted it, Maybe J or H Stinton, H Davis??? And what would something like this be worth roughly?

Thank you so much for your time.

Attached Files:

lovewrens and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Sorry don't know the maker, but the painting looks pretty spectacular ..just wondering if you think this piece had a cover? (lid)

judy likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. Luke123

Luke123 New Member

I've seen similar designs without lids, so not too sure...

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Harry Stinton is almost a certainty, he did highland cattle all the time. Can you see any signature?

Needs a top down view to decide if it had a lid or not. As to value, I'd email Philip Serrell, he's the absolute tops on that . https://www.serrell.com/

Google on Stinton Highland cattle for an idea, but it's got serious value, at least the high hundreds.

6. Luke123

Luke123 New Member

I had a feeling it was a Stinton, but a few others do use cattle so not too sure. I have seen other 2098 designs on google with no lids & the handles stick out abit when it joins at the top so guessing no lid was intended? Appreciate your help & I'll give Phillip a message & let you know what i find out :)

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I suspect from what you've said about the handles that it wasn't meant to have a lid. I love Stinton's work.

judy likes this.
  8. Luke123

Luke123 New Member

I think Stinton's are my favourites with Worcester... I have a few Stinton pieces but they are signed... I don't know why this isn't signed as it said on google they started signing from 1900.

PortableTreasures and judy like this.
  9. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

This shape is listed as 'Snake Handle Vase' in the Worcester catalogue, no mention of a lid, and I don't think I have ever seen one with a lid so pretty sure it's correct as is. Although they started signing around 1900 not all pieces were signed, indeed it is quite common to find unsigned ones until the 50's or 60's.

10. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Super piece. Spot on (groan) with the dating. Beautiful painting.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted