If you want to stop email notifications, read this

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Peter T Davis, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Just posted this in reply in another thread and thought it might be useful to make this a handy reference.

First, remove any threads which you don't want notifications for on this page:
    https://www.antiquers.com/watched/threads/all

Then, go to your preferences (you can get there by clicking your name in the top right), and un-click the "Automatically Watch Threads" box.

Or, if you just don't want the site to email you at all, just go in the privacy page and unclick the "Receive Site Mailings"
    https://www.antiquers.com/account/privacy

It might take up to 24 hours or so for all the emails to flush out of the system.

KingofThings, judy and sieunhanxphong like this.
  2. northernridge

northernridge Active Member

Hi Peter,

I have just arrived here from the ruined eBay Discussion boards. I want to sincerely thank you and davey for creating this site. It seems very user-friendly, and I can't wait to get started. I also notified my friend in NY (who got me started as a seller ten years ago) with a link to your site.

And from what I read here, it sounds like if I post a new thread I will automatically be notified when there are replies. Yes?

AJefferson and sieunhanxphong like this.
  3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard! Yes, when you start a new thread you'll see options to watch the thread and if you want to receive notices by email. Just look under the text editor.

4. northernridge

I've posted my first thread, and it's working fine. Thank you again.

5. northernridge

I have to say that this site is a huge improvement over what we had before. I like that it even tells you who when notified of a new reply. And the eBay site had stopped notifying me, even though i was signed in, so I had to leave a thread open and keep refreshing it.

Peter T Davis likes this.
  6. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I still get the "Your account is currently awaiting confirmation." message ontop of all pages I open. I have no options to do anything on this site except post replies to comments. I have no options to LIKE, send PM's, add pictures, add an avatar - nothing. What am I doing wrong???

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Ray - You should have received a "confirmation email" shortly after signing up. Did you get one and if so, did you reply to it?

If you did not get one, that may be a sign that the site has suffered some kind of "email function failure." Many long time members have recently stopped receiving emails to notify them of replies to threads, etc.

sieunhanxphong likes this.
  8. Lola

Lola New Member

Good morning! I'm also a newbie...a very excited one at that! This is my first forum I have ever joined; however, I'm kind of bummed because I'm unable to start a threat??? Or post a profile picture? It says I do not have access? I also have not received a confirmation email either? Any suggestions?!?! Thank you so much

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, Lola!

I can't remember who can fix that kind of problem. It might be only fixable by @Peter T Davis -- but I'm not sure.

You wrote your message earlier today. If you don't have a reply soon, try posting in the Support & Testing forum.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)

11. Lola

Lola New Member

Thank you so much

12. Lola

Lola New Member

Looking for help!!!!! Calling for Administration Help, Peter!!!! My newbie excitement is wearing off sadly I can't post! I can't reply! Can't start a thread! Basically the only thing I can do is post just right here!!! Everywhere else says I have "no privileges". Very frustrating!!! ‍♀️ So, If by any chance anyone runs into perhaps PeterT or someone else that can give me the golden antique club ticket to join in and participate!!! I'm truly thankful for any and all help

Respectfully,
    Lola

13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

14. artistas78

artistas78 New Member

Thank you. I can’t read my messages but will try again.

15. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, artistas78. What messages can't you read?

16. David Honea

David Honea New Member

17. NantucketFred

NantucketFred New Member

I'm new and am looking forward to an enjoyable group. Am I wrong?

Figtree3 likes this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well.........ur in the wrong place !!!:wideyed::wideyed::wacky::wacky:

Try INTRODUCTIONS..... it's the Forum to say Hi...& tell us something about yourself !!

19. YanaVoyt

YanaVoyt New Member

Thank you for accepting me into the Antiquers community

I'm glad I found your forum, there are so many interesting things here.
    But I need your help, I have problems with this site, writes "You have insufficient privileges to post here"
    I can't create my post, I can't reply to an letter, I can't like, I can't app photo on my avatar
    I did not receive a confirmation email. maybe that's why my account isn't working

Thanks in advance
    Yana

20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you certainly can post !!!!
    try again ...

Draft saved Draft deleted