If you want to stop email notifications, read this

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Peter T Davis, Jun 25, 2014.

1. YanaVoyt

YanaVoyt New Member

[​IMG]
    does not work (

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

This has happened to a few people before, when they can only reply to a discussion but can't start their own discussion. Start by looking to see if the confirmation message went into your email's spam or junk folder. Some people found that to be the case.

If that is not the case, I'm not sure how to fix it.

komokwa likes this.
  3. YanaVoyt

YanaVoyt New Member

Thank you, I checked spam. No letter (

komokwa likes this.
  4. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Okay, well ... I realize this is an older thread, but maybe I can get some help here. I've sent two emails to the moderator and not gotten a response. This message is at the bottom of the forum pages "You have insufficient privileges to post here". Is this because I'm new? I've been able to post replies, but that's it. Is there a secret handshake? Help?

komokwa likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not a secret handshake, but you should have received a message requesting you to confirm your email after you signed up. Does this sound familiar?

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

one of the two Forums , where reviving an older thread is not only welcomed but is necessary to keep the information current ...........
    No worries Virginia !!!:happy::happy:

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Virginia

Virginia New Member

No, I don't remember getting an email. I got a welcome message under my alerts from the moderator, Peter. He's the one I've sent two messages to.

9. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Thank you. I don't like to highjack threads, either.

komokwa likes this.
  10. komokwa

we do it here all the time.........we're a playful lot !!!:playful::playful:

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. Virginia

Virginia New Member

My email is not the issue; there's issues between Comcast and trying to add gmail to my Comcast account. I have been doing battle with Comcast over it for awhile now. I will change my email to gmail and see what happens.

12. Virginia

Virginia New Member

That said, I'm not sure what's supposed to happened if I simply change my email address. It said I might have to verify myself again, but how do I do that if I don't received a reply on gmail?

13. Bakersgma

Peter is not a moderator. He is the Administrator and owner of the site. Are you able to send a message through your "inbox" to Daveydempsey ( who is a moderator but has also dealt with problems of this type many times.)

14. Virginia

Virginia New Member

The first thing I did was look for how to contact the moderator, but did see how to do that. Peter is who I received a welcome message from, with no indication of who he was. I assumed moderator, so he's who I responded to, twice ... with no response. I will attempt to contact the moderator, now that I know who it is.

15. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Under Peter’s name and image on the welcome message I received, it states “Moderator”, hence my assumption that he was a moderator. My inbox page shows nothing about how to send a message. I've found a list of moderators, but no way to contact any of them. Any suggestions?

16. Bakersgma

The way to contact them (or any other member) is to use your "Inbox" to create a Conversation. Since you are having technical problems, I will contact Davey directly and ask that he contact you about your problem. He can look into what happened with your account and confirmation and advise you about what to do. How does that sound?

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  17. Virginia

Virginia New Member

The *messages I've sent have been sent using "contact us" in the bar at the bottom of the inbox page. I've seen no way to create a conversation - I tried. *I just send a third message, but don't hold out much hope. So yes, your help will be much appreciated and I look forward to hearing from a moderator. Thank you.

18. Bakersgma

No, That is not the way to do it. The Inbox that allows you to start a Conversation is on the upper right of any page between your user name and "alerts." I have contacted Davey on your behalf and referred him to our posts about your issues.

19. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Hi Virginia,

The Contact Us at the bottom is is for the forum software producers and you won't get a reply.
    Peter the site owner and Admin very rarely answers due to him receiving hundreds of emails daily.
    I am one of the 3 moderators and we are limited to what we can do to allow someone to gain access to the site, although we can stop people getting access.
    I notice from your IP that your Account Confirmation has not been received.
    I cannot do that for you, it is solely down to you.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 184918.png

20. komokwa

another way to reach out to anyone.....

click on their avatar...then,
    click on... start a conversation

Draft saved Draft deleted