Imari Porcelain ? can anyone tell me are these Imari , what age would they be, who made them ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by changingmojo, Mar 29, 2017.

1. changingmojo

changingmojo New Member

Hi all can anyone tell me are these Imari, who made them, age, what the markings mean. thank you

2. changingmojo

changingmojo New Member

here are photos

Attached Files:

Joshua Brown likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Can't say as I have seen anything like those before.

Imari -like.
    Don't think they are particularly old. Certainly not before 1960. More likely later than that though. Might even be recent Asian import.

Wait for other opinions, as I am just thinking out loud.

Joshua Brown likes this.
  4. changingmojo

changingmojo New Member

Thank you for your opinion.

Joshua Brown likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Thinking out loud here too...I wonder if they are Asian copies of Royal Crown Derby Imari paperweights.
    The RCD weights were filled with sand and a metal plug filled the hole in the base.
    Can't say that I have seen one with more than one hole in the base though.

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The marks are Chinese. Da Qing something Nian Zhi.

7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yep, Chinese and I would hazard a guess dating to latter half of 20th c. IIRC animal figurines with Imari decoration were popular in the 1980s.

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome, changingmojo! I don't have much to add except that maybe these two figurines are representing signs in the Chinese zodiac. If so, there may be other figurines out there for the other signs.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted