Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Indian Brass Table "School of Art Jeypore"
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="808 raver, post: 13134303, member: 4654"]I always wondered if it was a signature, what difference it makes I don't know but there are some who will go far out of their way to find pieces from the old school. SOAJ pieces are very rare, often you find pieces from the second school and years ago auction houses mixed the two up, dating them wrong and attracting huge bids for what many would call tat, this has seen many auction houses not wanting to list them. I even think they have wiped them from old records, I just went to look up a Christies lot I knew was second school that made £4000 and couldn't find it. I don't think I'll be able to retire just yet lol[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="808 raver, post: 13134303, member: 4654"]I always wondered if it was a signature, what difference it makes I don't know but there are some who will go far out of their way to find pieces from the old school. SOAJ pieces are very rare, often you find pieces from the second school and years ago auction houses mixed the two up, dating them wrong and attracting huge bids for what many would call tat, this has seen many auction houses not wanting to list them. I even think they have wiped them from old records, I just went to look up a Christies lot I knew was second school that made £4000 and couldn't find it. I don't think I'll be able to retire just yet lol[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Indian Brass Table "School of Art Jeypore"
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...