Indonesian Wooden Plaques...Vintage or recent?

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Alesia42, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

This is a Estate sale purchase for $7.....I am wondering it they are vintage? or more modern?....in any event they will make a good gift I guess.... rsz_vintage_indonesia_wooden_wall_plaques_4_via_estate_sale_002.jpg rsz_vintage_indonesia_wooden_wall_plaques_4_via_estate_sale_005.jpg rsz_1vintage_indonesia_wooden_wall_plaques_4_via_estate_sale_003.jpg rsz_1vintage_indonesia_wooden_wall_plaques_4_via_estate_sale_009.jpg rsz_vintage_indonesia_wooden_wall_plaques_4_via_estate_sale_007.jpg

2. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They have a little Made in Indonesia paper sticker, so old is out. From the sticker I'd guess 1980s, but someone who knows Indonesian carvings will be along in short order. Right, @Any Jewelry ?

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is Indonesian export ware, made for the home decor market. I'm sorry to say, very poor quality, and only loosely based on tradition.:sorry:
    I don't know much about the history of home decor items, so I can't help you with the age. If you are in the US, maybe our US members can remember when they saw this sort of thing first sold.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted