Featured Industrial painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by verybrad, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Scott Bond

Scott Bond Member

I'm glad to see people enjoying his art! If I can share any useful information, I am happy to help. He also contributed artwork and articles to Astronomy magazine back the 80s, as he was an avid amateur astronomer.

Tanya, Fid, judy and 12 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Thank you, Scott

We have had relatives of artists come on board to fill in some of the blanks for us. It always gives more meaning to the piece.
    Brad will likely be along later. :)

Tanya, Fid, Firemandk and 5 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Fascinating. Thank you so much for solving our mystery.

Debora

Tanya, Fid, Firemandk and 4 others like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Thank you @Scott Bond Nice to fill out some information. I still own this painting, as it fits in with my industrial art collection. As stated, this is oil or acrylic and fairly large (Maybe 30" wide). It is painted on canvas. Any idea when this might have been done? Do you think it is an illustration for publication? My experience with commercial art is that it tends to be smaller in size and on board as opposed to canvas. Consequently, I had not considered this to be an illustration initially. Any insight you might provide is appreciated.

judy, Firemandk, Figtree3 and 8 others like this.
  5. Scott Bond

Scott Bond Member

I suspect that piece might have been done on commission for a mining equipment company, possibly for a calendar or brochure, something of that nature. Lots of that type of art was done for trade magazines as well. As far as the date, that’s really hard to say, If I was forced to guess, I would say in the 80s, as he started doing more digital art for clients during the 90s. Unfortunately I have lost contact with his widow. (Stepmother) who might have more info. She ended up with most of his art after he passed. I don’t have much of a clue as to what he did commercially through the 80s and 90s aside from an occasional peek at his drawing board when I visited on weekends. I have some copies of the limited prints, and a few original. Many pieces are placed with extended family and friends.

Fid, judy, Figtree3 and 6 others like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

At least you know this one ended up in a good home.

judy, Firemandk, Jenny Squire and 2 others like this.
  7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I find art of the grittier side of human existence to be very interesting. Same reason I personally collect postcards showing old factories.

judy and i need help like this.
  8. verybrad

Thanks for the information!

judy and i need help like this.
  9. Jenny Squire

Jenny Squire New Member

Bruce Bond is my uncle. My mother’s brother. He was born in Rockford, IL; lived in Wisconsin.

I have the original painting of the third shown.
    If you would like to talk to his son (my cousin), I can give you his information.

Our grandfather, Bruce’s dad, was an artist for a living as well. His name was Oriel Bond.

Bruce painted in watercolor. He was an amazing man...
    I can’t delete this. My whole post is below.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  10. Jenny Squire

Jenny Squire New Member

Bruce Bond is my uncle. My mother’s brother. He was born in Rockford, IL; lived in Wisconsin.

I have the original painting of the third shown.
    If you would like to talk to his son (my cousin), I can give you his information.

Our grandfather, Bruce’s dad, was an artist for a living as well. His name was Oriel Bond.

Bruce painted in watercolor. He was an amazing man...
    He also did a lot in Ideals magazine, and wrote, I believe, for Astronomy magazine.

OH! I see my cousin replied above! ☺️
    Never mind.

Jennifer Hanson Squire

komokwa, judy and i need help like this.
  11. Jenny Squire

Jenny Squire New Member

No.

i need help and kyratango like this.
  12. Jenny Squire

Jenny Squire New Member

SCOTT!!
    One of our older cousins met me in the Dells with 3 or 4 nicely framed illustrations of your dad’s that he did at the age of 16!! I can’t remember her name; she was adorable and very “Bond!”
    Their family had a frame shop back in the day, and your dad gave them some of his work to use in the frames as demonstration.
    I am hoping to get to your town SOON! I will bring them to you!!!
    Mom actually has the original to the 3rd painting they posted. Or...maybe I just have a print and am making that up?
    Anyway, the only originals that I have are of me when I was 2, and a painting of my teddy bear. I just found THAT hanging in my daughters house!
    I said, “Sophia! That is MY teddy bear!” Do you love it? Or can I have that back?” Lol @Scott Bond

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Fid, komokwa, judy and 6 others like this.
  13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Jenny Squire (and late welcome to @Scott Bond )!

This may be the first family reunion we've seen here on Antiquers. :) Fun!

Tanya, Fid, judy and 3 others like this.
  14. verybrad

Thanks for rounding out the information here Jennifer! I think it is great that people can find us here long after the fact of posting.

Tanya, Lucille.b, judy and 4 others like this.
  15. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

16. Elizabeth Quinn

Elizabeth Quinn New Member

In

17. i need help

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  18. i need help

Any Jewelry likes this.
  19. Elizabeth Quinn

I have a huge painting of a space scene.signed by Bruce Bond.any idea where I can sell it?

20. Elizabeth Quinn

I found a huge painting of a space ship signed by Bruce Bond. Any idea where I can sell it?

Draft saved Draft deleted