Info on Gucci clothing

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Zeppelin78, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

View attachment 210765 View attachment 210766 View attachment 210767 View attachment 210768 View attachment 210770 9AD26C29-701B-45A8-A24B-F15149EB8C7F.jpeg View attachment 210765 View attachment 210766 View attachment 210767 View attachment 210768 View attachment 210770 View attachment 210770 View attachment 210768 View attachment 210767 View attachment 210766 View attachment 210765 9AD26C29-701B-45A8-A24B-F15149EB8C7F.jpeg Hello everyone have this orange Gucci coat or blazer or what ever it it and info would be great if it’s vintage men’s /woman’s what ever you can tell me about it has the original mother of pearl buttons and that’s all I know any info would be great. Can I wash it or dry clean.

lloyd249 likes this.
  2. Zeppelin78

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Something odd there what with hand-stitched lining. Any other tags? Size? Content? At first glance, I would think it was a recent counterfeit tailored piece. Let's see what others think. In meantime, dry clean only. And you can identify sex by button closure. Buttons on left = women's. Buttons on right = men's.

Debora

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I doubt it's menswear....& you need the label to know how to clean it..

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Funny, looks like menwear to me. But buttons will tell. And, I think we can agree that it shouldn't be put in a washing machine.

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ahhh yer right about the buttons...............:shame::shame::shame:

7. Zeppelin78

Thanks debora and komokwa for you responses counterfeit never even crossed my mind it feels and looks so luxury In person but Unfortunately there is a lot out there. Thanks again ..Matt

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a mass produced counterfeit. I think it might be a bespoke counterfeit, the kind of thing someone had made at a tailor's on a trip to Asia. So, any other labels? For a man or a woman? Do the sleeve buttons unbutton or are they decorative only?

Debora

Christmasjoy and Fid like this.
  9. Zeppelin78

There is no more than the 2 tags and the sleeve buttons do not unbutton they are for show only other than that who knows thanks again debora again for the Reply ..Matt

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Well, I may have been wrong. This genuine GUCCI "Palma" jacket is very similar to yours -- 2-button closure, hand-stitched partial lining, 5-button sleeve. Viscose linen which yours could be (although hard to tell from photographs.) Lots of information on internet about counterfeit GUCCI labels if you want to compare. And I've read that this is a more-than-reliable GUCCI authenticator if resale is your objective.

https://www.authenticate4u.com/Home.html

Debora

610624_Z403L_2471_001_100_0000_Light-Palma-jacket-with-My-Body-My-Choice.jpg

11. Zeppelin78

Thank you debora for all the help it sure is appreciated I will need to check that link out I’m not Really a seller of my items I really like collecting stuff but I don’t like collecting fake stuff so Really that’s all I’m looking for is for my own piece of mind thanks again for all the help. Matt

12. Zeppelin78

9BCFD6D1-A32E-415B-874D-D5D6DF2E5126.jpeg Hello again everyone been a while since this post seemed like we couldn’t figure out if the coat was real but as looking at it again I found a tag inside the pocket maybe someone Can’t tell if it’s authentic by the tag thanks Matt DBCB2B61-B912-4573-A918-901462EFAE90.jpeg

kyratango and judy like this.
  13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I was interested in this discussion earlier. I hope that @Debora can provide more insight after seeing the update!

kyratango likes this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I really don't have any special expertise in this. But tag looks like what it should be. Hand-stitching is undeniable. And poster describes as "...feels and looks so luxury..." which is important. Matt, with a bit of on-line research, you might be able to crack code on tag for year and season made. And, if you have it cleaned, use the best dry cleaner you can find, one who is used to working with luxury goods.

Debora

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    kyratango and Figtree3 like this.
  15. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

I just stumbled upon this threat , IMO your jacket looks genuine to me, good quality, awesome buttons . The fakes can be discovered by the lack of quality as in loose stitching , broken plastic buttons (fakes are made as cheap as possible ) lack of emblems/name on tags/zippers, I mean even an amiture can spot a fake gucci they lack the quality and a quick search usually confirms it . A real anything is one quality labeled part, connecting to another quality labeled part to another ,until the master piece is competed . DSC06207.JPG DSC06208.JPG DSC06209.JPG DSC06210.JPG DSC06211.JPG DSC06212.JPG

kyratango and Zeppelin78 like this.
  16. lloyd249

i found a gucci purse (or what i thought was ) at the TS (posted in the finds threat i think a few years ago ) I was pretty excited about it , got it home and started to really look at it , it had seams coming apart , loose threads , some vinyl loss (gucci made them with skins ), magnetic snaps. but the snaps had a number on them searched the number to find it was the snaps used on the fakes , gave it to my daughter, she still has it somewhere lol .

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    kyratango, Zeppelin78 and judy like this.
  17. Zeppelin78

Thank you everybody for all the new posts it’s great to see what everybody has to say it’s a lot of fun ,the main reason i am so interested in the Authenticity of the jacket is because I don’t want to spend and money cleaning it if it’s just another fake .if it might be authentic I want to get it nice and clean and store it away in my truck and let her lie. thanks everyone for all the great responses ..Matt

kyratango and lloyd249 like this.
  18. lloyd249

the dry cleaner will know also .

kyratango and Zeppelin78 like this.
  19. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I don't think that the OP'S jacket has any way near the quality of the other jacket .. from the stitching to the white buttons to the overall look of it, just my opinion ... Joy.

20. lloyd249

idk stitching looks of good quality I think it's just vintage
    DSC00027.JPG

Zeppelin78 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted